email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving emails from a particular sender

Simmychick
Team Player
Message 18 of 18

As of a few days ago, I suddenly stopped being able to receive emails from a particular sender I have an account with.  I found this out when I needed a password reset sent but was not receiving it.  I tried to contact the company, which is difficult because I can't get into the account to access the support, (there is no telephone support!).

They have responded via facebook to a friend (I have no facebook account) saying they have sent emails regarding recovering the account and will not communicate with anyone but the account holder about it.  They simply advise that it is my email that must be blocking the receipt.  

I'm using webmail to access the emails and have no idea how I could have blocked a sender's email which up until the 9th October I was receiving almost on a daily basis.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi Simmychick

Chris is a very skilled email surgeon. Your email account would have been taken into the Operating Theatre for the well tested repair procedure.  But I can assure you that you wouldn't have felt anything during the operation and recovery is immediate.

I see that you've persuaded the company to change your email address and as that's working well just let us know if you come across any other issues with the TalkTalk email account and we'll re-admit you to the casualty bay.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 18

OK, thanks for the update, glad to hear that you've found a work around, just let us know if you need any further assistance 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18
Well Chris, you make it sound like a very serious medical procedure this mailbox repair thing. So I am a little wary now.

Seriously though, I had asked the company involved to re-route my account to a different email address. Earlier this morning I have logged in and accessed the account this way for the first time so the repair won't be needed now.

I am at a loss to know what caused the problem but am thankful for the help received from Gondola to try to fix it.

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 18

Hi Simmychick,

I can see that you've received a lot of help with this from Gondola. I can try a mail box repair to see if this resolves the issue, would you like me to give this a go?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18
Great, thanks for all your help

I'll wait to hear from the TalkTalk Community Team. I'm hoping they can 'repair' it to save my sanity!

Message 6 of 18

Nice one.  That definitely proves that TalkTalk is not blocking the sender's emails and even better that TalkTalk is not blocking the specific reset emails.

So, what I'd suggest is hang on 'till Monday for the TalkTalk Community Team to take a look at the email account settings and assess if a mailbox repair will have any effect. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18
I understand what you mean but as I couldn't be sure they have an auto-response acknowledgement I didn't think it would prove anything. It did give me the idea though to do a password reset on the alternate account. I did and the email was received within a few minutes to the alternate account. Has that helped to prove or disprove anything?

Appreciate your patience with this.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Yes, I understand about the emails and not wanting to associate another account.

Send them a test email. Doesn't need to contain anything other than "this is only a test" in the subject line and body.  Normally the email service will have an auto-response to acknowledge receipt of the email.  I just wanted you to check that the 'working' TalkTalk mailbox will receive that auto-response.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18
The alternative talktalk email account is receiving their advert emails that come through. Sometimes they come daily or have been known to come more than once a day if they are really pushing something special. I haven't sent an email from this address to the customer support as I did not want them to link the connection between the two accounts and their customer support service is online from within the site once you are logged on. Does this make sense?

I feel something has gone astray at their end. The fact that the account needed a password reset and not receiving their emails seems too much of a coincidence to ignore. They seem to be adamant that the problem is my email address. Having said all that, I'm presuming that is what they are saying , because they will not communicate with someone who is not the account holder, and the only way to prove I'm the account holder is the email address that I can't receive their emails from!! I have asked for them to send their replies to a totally different email address but I haven't received anything there and wonder whether they would refuse to do for security of the account.

This is ridiculously frustrating.
0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

...Interesting. If their customer support are replying then the email should be with you unless your Mail Account Settings Reply to address has been changed. If the reply is bounced or rejected by the mailbox then the sender should get a notification of the bounce from TalkTalk.

You say that an alternate TalkTalk email account is receiving their mail ok.  If you send their customer support an email do you get an auto-reply back to that email mailbox ok?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18
The company have assured me (through the friend's facebook account) that they are receiving emails I'm sending to their customer support and are replying to that email address. This has been driving me mad for the last few days!

I have added the relevant information into my profile.

Thanks for your help.
0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

...If the sender is able to get emails through to TalkTalk.net there's no TalkTalk block on the sender.

This then isolates the issue to your specific mailbox, mailbox filtering or the email address they're sending to has been changed.

Just confirm you've not set up any other filters and in case it's a mailbox glitch I'll alert the TalkTalk Community Team to take a look.

Make sure the TalkTalk email address you wish them to look at is identified in Private notes. Worth checking your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and update Private notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account.

Message 13 of 18
Yes, other emails coming through and I've sent emails to this account and they were received straight away.

Also strangely, another email address I have under 'talktalk.net' has continued to receive emails from this sender.
0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

...Are you receiving any other emails?  Is the mailbox full?

Test by sending your email a test email from another email account under your control.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18

I should have added that I have put the details of the sender's email addresses into the private information in my profile here.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 18

The Trash folder only contains emails received from them on and prior to 9th October, which I have already viewed and I put in the trash.

The Active Filters are totally empty.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi @Simmychick

Log in to webmail and look in the Trash folder. If you've inadvertently marked the sender's emails as spam then they may be there.

To inspect your Blocked Sender's Filter

• Click on Settings (left panel)
  • Click on Mail (under settings)
  • Scroll down to Filters
  • If there's a Blocked Sender's Filter click on that
    click on Edit - you should get a pop-up box
  • Edit the filter by selecting and deleting the relevant items
  • Or simply mark and delete the entire Blocked Sender's Filter and start afresh
    Always a good idea if there are more than 50 items in there

0 Likes