email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old pop3.tiscali.co.uk stopped accepting old password suddenly in last few months

danmoore2
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hello,

I used to be with Tiscali back in the day and still have a Tiscali email address that I use to receive emails. Just recently the server keeps responding saying authentication failed even though I am still using the same password I used when setting up the email years ago. Can anyone on here help me as I need access to this email for certain emails that I get from things like insurance companies. 

If someone can help me please let me know what you need from me and I will provide.

Many thanks!

Daniel 

Daniel
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi danmoore2, its good to see that Gondola has helped you find the fix. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Hi Daniel

Good plan.  Remember to check and if necessary Update your password recovery reset details before changing the password.

Test the new stronger password via the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in.  Then update the saved passwords in Thunderbird. The saved logins will be stored for both the incoming and outgoing mail servers.

Tell us if Thunderbird is still failing with the stronger password. And in that case whether the email address is showing in an active customer MyAccount.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

danmoore2
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your help, I have not reset my password but when heading to the upgrade your legacy email password it allowed me to sign in first time with my original password. I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client and that still won't let me sign in - I might try and reset the password for a stronger one and let you know if it helped!

Daniel
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi danmoore2 

The mail servers will detect a weak password being presented by an email app. Do you believe your password is as strong as it needs to be? It's worth making a password change to upgrade the password

Password Reset details should have been set up for the email address so that an alternate email address and or mobile number can receive a password reset link or 6 digit code. Please look at the help page  Changing your email password. Use the Reset your password now button. Enter your email address, complete the reCAPTCHA security and select Continue.

If there's an alternate email address or mobile number shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please select one of those to send a password reset. However, if you can sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail then for routine password changes select the password reset to be sent to the email account itself or, preferably, update your Reset details via the TalkTalk Mail main settings menu then use the Forgotten your Password journey.

Advice on upgrading your email password is given in this post: Upgrade your legacy mail password 

Let us know what happens. 

Are you aware that if you're not a current TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer or if the email address is not linked to an active customer MyAccount then the address may be limited to webmail access only?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution