email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex Pop Server Issue Again!

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 193 of 193

Hi,

I've noticed a general deterioration in the performance of the Pipex Pop Server over the last few weeks and it's now getting to the stage that a loss of connection is occurring each day for some period of time.

You will no doubt be aware this is not a new problem but in fact an ongoing issue due to server age.

Could an OCE please get the Backroom Staff to have a look at trying to improve things in the short term and would it be possible for an update on Pipex customer migration to the new system, because it was back in early Dec '19 that an email was sent notifying this was imminent, nearly 3 months ago!

Thank you.

0 Likes
192 REPLIES 192

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 41 of 193

Very, very patchy again (still), but I am occasionally getting emails through on POP. Pipex Webmail appears to be unaffected.  Regards

0 Likes

Message 42 of 193

5 Pipex accounts down right now.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 43 of 193

I'll let the admins know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 193

I am still finding servers very patchy and only getting a successful connection about 50% of the time.

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes

Message 45 of 193

Ok thanks for keeping me posted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 46 of 193

Good morning @Ady-TalkTalk  Many thanks (as always) for getting back so quickly on this issue, and undertaking to provide updates as necessary later.  I have received some overnight emails this morning, but the error messages and inability to retrieve any new emails remain at least intermittently.  Regards.

0 Likes

Message 47 of 193

Hi all, I've asked the team to look into this for you. They're blocking the unauthorised logins.I've asked if there's something else causing the constant repeat of it. As always I'll be back with information as soon as I have it.

Ady

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 48 of 193

Yes, I spoke too soon!  Sorry, but in my defence,  I have only just got back home from work since my last post on this.  On the positive side, I can get emails via Webmail, so not so much a Full House now, more just a Royal Flush!

0 Likes

Message 49 of 193

I am still seeing problems. Credential requests &/or timeouts, but also the odd successful connection. So better, but not right yet.

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 50 of 193

Hi all.  As of now, it all appears to be working again.  Well done and thank you to whoever applied the elastoplast (other adhesive dressings are available), although what is really needed is open-heart surgery.  No teeth-clenching or holding of breath by users now...digit-crossing is now the order of the day!  Regards and stay well.

0 Likes

Message 51 of 193

For me was OK up until about 17.30 but servers completely unresponsive for me now. Timeouts on all 3 of my Pipex addresses.

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 52 of 193

Well, I'm still ok at the moment, but that may be because I'm a lite user combined with possibly a bit of luck, so when accessing Mail I simply get away with it.

Have noticed I'm now getting the "Connection..." dialogue hanging a little more than was earlier though, but still no errors - may be my iMac is just getting used to the "awkward" server!

@ferguson 

@Muddymedic , Simply got no teeth left after all the previous "gritting", but have indulged in a couple of breaths this afternoon, wonder if TalkTalk would finance a Dental Plan 😊

Message 53 of 193

Similar problems for me too.

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 54 of 193

And now not just on POP, but also repeated failures to log-in via Webmail on both Windows 10 and Android.  I think that represents a full-house!

0 Likes

Message 55 of 193

I'm getting the error messages again on 3 mailboxes. One of them has now asked me for the password.

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 56 of 193

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk It might just be me, but I've been getting the usual crop of error messages over the past 45 minutes ago.  @SiHancox I think you have permission to breathe out (and then in!) now.

Message 57 of 193

@SiHancox Hey, whilst I suggested earlier that you continue to grit your teeth, holding your breath may be a step too far .... 😉

Message 58 of 193

Thanks for letting us know it's sorted.

Ady

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 59 of 193

I was ok this morning when first accessing mail at about 0630, tried again at about Noon and still fast.

I know straight away when the server is "good" because the "Connecting..." dialogue bottom left of macOS Mail shows and then instantly disappears, if the server is playing up that dialogue doesn't vanish until (probably) the next message fetch.

Anyhow, I'll keep holding my breath.

0 Likes

Message 60 of 193

There were a few connections that were cleared by the team about 10am. So it should stay stable today.

Ady

0 Likes