email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex Pop Server Issue Again!

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 193 of 193

Hi,

I've noticed a general deterioration in the performance of the Pipex Pop Server over the last few weeks and it's now getting to the stage that a loss of connection is occurring each day for some period of time.

You will no doubt be aware this is not a new problem but in fact an ongoing issue due to server age.

Could an OCE please get the Backroom Staff to have a look at trying to improve things in the short term and would it be possible for an update on Pipex customer migration to the new system, because it was back in early Dec '19 that an email was sent notifying this was imminent, nearly 3 months ago!

Thank you.

0 Likes
192 REPLIES 192

Message 101 of 193

Pipex servers are worse than ever at the moment. Cannot connect to them at all for any of my 3 Pipex addresses. Tiscali & TalkTalk addresses are just fine tho.

@Ady-TalkTalk any update for us on the news you expected on migration from your senior colleague a few weeks ago?

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes

Message 102 of 193

Hi all, this is being raised as an incident. Hopefully, this will mean the fix will happen faster than normal.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 103 of 193

Firstly, a belated "Happy Birthday" to OCE_Ady!

My emails have been working this morning, but I now have 2 Pipex accounts reporting: 

"The server returned the error: Temporary authentication failure." and another one simply unable to connect, taking itself offline, and asking me for the password.  Pretty much standard practice over the last week from around this time - noon/1:00pm.

0 Likes

Message 104 of 193

Weekend was really bad at times and again mid morning today it took me several attempts to connect with servers.

@Chris-TalkTalk never gave us any feedback on migration so, @Ady-TalkTalk do you have anything to tell us yet? I seem to recall you were expecting an update from some senior colleague or something?

0 Likes

Message 105 of 193
Thanks for checking with us. It was pretty dodgy for quite a lot of last week, especially after midday.
0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 106 of 193

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk Hope you had a good 50th Birthday last week.  I've had intermittent problems on POP all weekend, and also a few today.  Regards

0 Likes

Message 107 of 193

Are you all still seeing problems or has it cleared up? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 108 of 193

Hi @WearyCustomer 

I have a recollection that pipex allocated 2 primary mailbox addresses per account and customers could create aliases linked to each mailbox.

So, maybe it's the case that you do have one primary active mailbox with 5 aliases.  But it's not unknown for customers to have more than 2 primary pipex mailboxes.

But I have a suggestion to put your mind at ease one way or another. 

If you'd like to create a new topic for this question Pipex Primary / Alias Email Addresses and I'll ask the OCE team to check for you so you have a positive answer. They'll be able to see the difference between a primary and an alias email address.

Just add all 5 addresses to your Community profile Private notes and Save changes. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 109 of 193
I can't remember where I saw it. It was a little while ago, maybe 3 months(?), and I know it's been concerning me ever since. I joined Pipex when you could have 10 mailboxes, although I've only got 5. I'll search my records to see if I can find where I read about limiting the number.
0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 110 of 193

Hi @WearyCustomer and @SiHancox .  This is not my experience this evening, either on Windows Mail or via POP, or even Pipex Webm\ail.  I have to say this is unusual for an evening (especially lately).  Perhaps I'm just fortunate?  Regards

0 Likes

Message 111 of 193

Hi @WearyCustomer 

Where did you see that you'd be limited to one pipex mailbox? Each TalkTalk customer is allowed up to 5 mailboxes.

Each primary legacy email address will receive its own mailbox. 

Any aliases for a primary mailbox will have mail directed to the primary mailbox where mail messages can be filtered into their own Inbox sub-folders.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 112 of 193

Same with me.  3 different reasons for connection failure on 4 Pipex accounts.  But then, I heard that when migration takes place, we'll be limited to just one account anyway. If that's the case, then with the hassle of having to advise my contacts of a change to email addresses, I might just bite the bullet and move to another communications company.  It's just inertia and the hassle of losing my Pipex addresses that keeps me here.

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 113 of 193

Same for me, just tried to get messages and had to open and close Mail App half a dozen times before it finally got through.

It's been generally ok for the morning but that might be down to timing rather than good service, just haven't bothered in afternoon.

What else can one say...

0 Likes

Message 114 of 193

I seem to be suffering from the usual Friday &/or evening slowdown. Normal array of credential requests, timeouts or server rejections. Here we go yet again!

0 Likes

Message 115 of 193

OK, thanks for letting me know, apologies for the ongoing issues

Chris

0 Likes

Message 116 of 193
Actually emails are coming through again now, but it is so hit and miss! Thanks for responding so quickly.
0 Likes

Message 117 of 193

I'm really sorry about the ongoing issue with the Pipex email service, anyone else currently experiencing problems

Chris 

0 Likes

Message 118 of 193

And here we go again! The afternoon has just begun and nothing is coming through.

0 Likes

Message 119 of 193

Yes it takes several goes to get on the server. Pathetic when they were supposed to migrate to a new server in January.

Should have left them years ago.

Wonder when the server will conk out completely and they will force us to change our email address. Of all time for Talk Talk to let us down.

I will use my Yahoo address now where possible. Always reliable.

0 Likes

Message 120 of 193

@stevesurrey wrote:

Plenty would consider email a critical service especially at a time when so many forced to spend time at home. And its not like the problem with Pipex has only just arisen, its been an ongoing issue for about 2 years that TalkTalk have failed to fully resolve..

I agree. So use another email service.

0 Likes