email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipex Pop Server Issue Again!

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 193 of 193

Hi,

I've noticed a general deterioration in the performance of the Pipex Pop Server over the last few weeks and it's now getting to the stage that a loss of connection is occurring each day for some period of time.

You will no doubt be aware this is not a new problem but in fact an ongoing issue due to server age.

Could an OCE please get the Backroom Staff to have a look at trying to improve things in the short term and would it be possible for an update on Pipex customer migration to the new system, because it was back in early Dec '19 that an email was sent notifying this was imminent, nearly 3 months ago!

Thank you.

0 Likes
192 REPLIES 192

Message 141 of 193

Servers are very hit & miss for me this morning. Sometimes get failures on all 3 of my Pipex addresses then a few minutes later can connect to all of them albeit rather sluggishly. Think TT need to perform this restart, or whatever it is they do, on a daily basis until migration. After all. Trisha Harrison said in the email I got from her yesterday "please rest assured that we’ll be working hard to ensure you remain connected". Be nice to see some evidence of that from an end-user/customer perspective.

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes

Message 142 of 193
And there is another problem! Yesterday I tried to send a couple of emails to Yahoo email addresses and this morning I received bounceback messages from them both saying "maximum retry queue age reached". A lot of us experienced this problem a few months ago but it seemed to have been resolved. It's concerning that it's starting to happen again.
0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 143 of 193

Mine was up and down most of yesterday as well, that was after quite good service early morning, didn't really improve till late evening. This morning it appears to be performing ok again.

I can't understand why we are now getting these "very short good periods" because previously when a server reset was done it lasted for several weeks, are they actually resetting them or is the equipment really now on it's last legs.

If my bank had servers that worked as intermittently that resulted in TalkTalk receiving failed monthly payments, I can image the response from their accounts department!

0 Likes

Message 144 of 193

Yeah servers are in a right mess again tonite. Usual array of problems:- timeouts, credential requests and outright rejection or disconnection.

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 145 of 193

And repeated failures to log-in to Webmail and to successfully download on POP either for most of this evening for me.  Same old/same old!

0 Likes

Message 146 of 193

Yup! I've been getting the dreaded "temporary authentication failure" again. It's that Friday afternoon feeling......

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 147 of 193

Hi.  Back to being essentially unusable again like yesterday.

0 Likes

Message 148 of 193

Its been a bit 'hit and miss' for me this morning but thankfully more hits than misses. At least its better than yesterday but then it hardly worked at all! 

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 149 of 193

I've had a few random error messages over the last hour or so, and associated with late delivery of emails into my Outlook Inbox, but nothing as bad as yesterday...thus far.

0 Likes

Message 150 of 193

Server seems to be working again 8.30am today 13/3/20.Backlog of emails came through.Fingers and everything else crossed that it continues to work.Migration is now urgently needed so look forward to forthcoming information.Thanks.

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 151 of 193

My mail also started coming through at about 1800Hrs and continued ok in to the evening, it appears the POP server is back in action again.

I can report it's ok as of 0630Hrs this morning as well, just hope it lasts a little longer this time.

0 Likes

Message 152 of 193

Servers were atrocious all day and I didnt get my emails until around 6pm. All seems working normally again now tho. Well, whatever passes for 'normal' where Pipex is concerned. 

I hope we don't have to wait much longer for some definitive news on migration.

0 Likes

Message 153 of 193

A backlog of e-mails have come through, looks up to date though there are still some connection timeouts.

Best wishes for yr birthday Ady

0 Likes

Message 154 of 193

A load of emails have just come through. 

0 Likes

Message 155 of 193

Hi all, the admins are aware and investigating. I'd expect it to be sorted soon if not already.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 156 of 193

Following the message I sent about 10 minutes ago I've actually discovered that I can still send emails, but not receive them. The error message is "connection to the server interrupted".

0 Likes

Message 157 of 193

Server has been completely unresponsive for me since about 8 a.m. today.  Nothing coming in or going out. Any help would be appreciated!

Hope you enjoy your 'big' birthday next week.

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 158 of 193

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

It's very bad today (12/03/20), I've been getting error after error with regards to server connection on my iPhone when out and about, similar on iMac when returning home (see below screen shots).

IMG_4784.PNG

Screenshot 2020-03-12 at 12.38.55.png

This is now the second day in a row the POP server has been virtually unresponsive, can you please get someone to sort this out because it's now getting extremely frustrating again due to the fact there appears to be very few good periods!

On a different note, congratulations for your 50th and I hope you have a great time, I won't ask how old you actually feel though 😉

0 Likes

Message 159 of 193

Along with the usual 'connection to server failed or was dropped' messages in Outlook, I am getting 'address or password not recognised' when I try to log in on my phone, even netmail.pipex.net is not responding. The last email I received was 00.31. Surprisingly I have eventually managed to read my e-mails using webmail-legacy.homecall.co.uk. I assume a server is down somewhere?

0 Likes

Message 160 of 193

I too am having the age old connection problems with connecting to tthe pipex dsl. server with numerous error messages about connection and authorisation around mid morning 11.20 am today12/3/20.It was fine early this morning but useless now.Help please.

0 Likes