cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Pipex email account has been disabled

RockandRoll
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi, my pipex email account appears to have been disabled.

I get the error; "Login to server mail.talktalk.net with username <removed>@dsl.pipex.com failed".

I have been using Thunderbird to access my email for months and had no issues. I forgot that my gmail pop account is also accessing emails. I received an email a few days ago saying;

"Our records show that you are still accessing your email using unencrypted email settings, because of this, from 17th February you will no longer be able to receive or send emails via this email app or software."

I think the issue was caused by gmail linking to my pipex email using pop. This has now been removed.   Can an admin please reset my pipex account. All my details are in my profile. Many thanks.

PS: Webmail for the account is working fine.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi RockandRoll, I've added you to the list of those to be restored to full service.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

RockandRoll
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 2 of 6

Many thanks again Gondola for providing these full setup details for secure linking to my pipex email from within my gmail account.

Message 3 of 6

Yes, you'll be able to set up a Gmail mail collection via the Gmail Settings, Accounts and Import tab.

• Settings - See all settings
  • Accounts and Import
  • Check email from other accounts - Add an email Account
  • In the pop up window enter the TalkTalk email address - Next
  • Select Import emails from my other account (POP3) - Next
    Username: Full email address
    Password: Email password
    POP Server: mail.talktalk.net
    Port: 995
    Tick - Leave a copy of retrieved message on the server
    Tick - Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail
  • Select Add Account

NB

Mail collection is only from the TalkTalk Mail mailbox Inbox using POP3 secure protocol
You need to leave a copy on the server so the Thunderbird IMAP email account will see that message
The Gmail mail collection will not authenticate until TalkTalk restore IMAP / POP3 access

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

RockandRoll
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Private Message

Message 4 of 6

Many thanks for getting back to me Gondola.

Yea I only use gmail and Thunderbird to access pipex.

My Thunderbird settings are Imap - mail.talktalk.net-port 993-SSL/TLS   smtp.talktalk.net-port 587-STARTTLS

Yea I've got my details in the profile.

Need to find out now if it's possible to link Gmail to the pipex account ?

Thanks again

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

Good to know that webmail is working for you. Use that until TalkTalk restore full access next week. I'll request full access on the basis that all your devices / mail collection services use secure mail connections. 

Are you sure the only insecure connection was the Gmail mail collection using insecure POP3 mail collection via port 110?

Is Thunderbird the only email software in use? And you've checked that the incoming port is not 110 or 143?

Is the dsl.pipex email address in your Community Profile Private Notes ready for TalkTalk to pick up?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution