cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Problems not receiving email and unable to send

PoppyRossi
Chat Champion
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

For the last couple of days I have been unable to receive or send mail.  Webmail is fine but mail is not downloading onto my laptop. (I use a mid 2013 Macbook Air.)  The system was rejecting my password so I changed that, but still when I try to send mail the message telling me my email and password aren't correct appears, despite me checking and double checking they are correct.

Help please.

Thank you,

Poppy

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Hi PoppyRossi 

The Mac book Air was originally supplied with MacOS 10.8 Mountain Lion. This OS is not supported by TalkTalk Mail for the secure mail encryption that TalkTalk require you to use. Technically, that's the TLS 1.2 encryption security type. The Mac Mail on MacOS 10.8 does not support TLS 1.2.

The Mac Book Air was upgradeable to MacOS  11 Big Sur that does support TLS 1.2 and the latest OS updates for MacOS 11.7 continue into 2023. I should point out that from 30 November 2023 there will be no more security updates from Apple for MacOS 11.7 and therefore the product will be deemed as unsupported from that date.

My first question: Has the Mac Book Air operating system been upgraded to MacOS 11 Big Sur (or at least to MacOS 10.12 Sierra which is the earliest version to support TLS 1.2).

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution