cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Recent influx of Spam

DavidRobinson1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi I am sure I am not the only one with an @Tiscali.co.uk email addresswho is once again being bombarded with spam emails 10-20 daily at times. Since the problem was sorted by Google and TalkTalk a few months ago I have little or no spam reaching my in box. However about 3 weeks ago it started up again with. As before without fail the spam messages all come from @gmail.com addresses. Anyone with a similar suddne influx of spam please let me know

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Totally maddening and out of control. Spam,spam,spam.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

I cant understand why for weeks I hardly received a spam mail then out of the blue a dozen or more arrive in one day. This carried on for a couple of weeks until I posted the problem on the forum and if by magic the spam has stopped again. (For now)

0 Likes

trevorrg22
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

I don't think it matters whether you are on a Tiscali or a talktalk account you still get spammed and reporting it to phishing doesn't make any difference.  talktalk told me (in this community) that for spam I should just be clicking the 'mark as spam' button on the webmail screen. I did that for months and kept getting spam from the same senders so it seems that doesn't work.  I've now moved to gmail (I get it to collect my email from Talktalk) and I no longer get spam/scam.  Though I understand Gmail actually inspects the contents of emails to determine if they are spam/scam I really don't mind.

0 Likes

Jacey6
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Yes me too David. So annoying forwarding to phishing@talktalk.co.uk doesn't seem to achieve anything

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi DavidRobinson1, I've replied to your other thread. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes