cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Recipient Undeliverable (TT512)

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Correspondent reports that they tried to send an email to my Tiscali address today and received a bounceback as follows:

Original-Envelope-Id: 
 <AM9PR10MB4926DE0CCD66971748A0727FEA02A@AM9PR10MB4926.EURPRD10.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
Reporting-MTA: dns;outbound-prod-eun1-az.emailsecurity.app
Arrival-Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2023 07:45:21 +0000

Final-Recipient: rfc822;my.name@tiscali.co.uk
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: mx.tiscali.co.uk
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;550 5.1.1 NqFtqV7lPN9ho Recipient Undeliverable (TT512) 

I became aware of this because the sender immediately forwarded the failure report to my wife's Tiscali account, and from there I forwarded it to my Tiscali account, where it was received OK. 

I have tried a test message to my Tiscali address from my Hotmail address, and it has arrived after 19 minutes.

However, I am still concerned whether there is a problem receiving email to my Tiscali address from outside the TalkTalk world.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

Hello
There are no filters or blocks of any sort. I have since received an email from the same originator. However it does appear that there has been a glitch somewhere as other emails are coming through with random delays. For example, at 10.39 I received a copy of a reply to an email which had been sent to me at 10.35. The original email reached me at 12.00.
Just one of those things I guess.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 3

tt512 either means the address doesn't exist or its blocking the senders mail. Have you checked your mail filters to ensure its not blocked. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes