email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogue emails

MaryTommy
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I have 100’s of emails in my sent folder - not mine. I’m getting postmaster mail to say they cannot be sent and it’s clogging up my account. I cannot access anything else. Help please

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi MaryTommy, are they mailer daemon mails? If they are then someone has harvested your mail address and is sending mail using your address as the sent from address. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

I'd change your password immediately if I were you. Sound's like someone has gained access to your account.

Then run a virus scan and malware scan on each device.

If you then stop require help please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info

Also in the private notes field put the details of the  email address that is affected.

If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).