cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Setting up Em Client and can't send mail

IrisLollyCat
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

I'm trying to set up my partner's talk talk email address on Em Client and am having no end of problems. I use both a talk talk email address and Em Client myself without issue and have used all the same credentials. I've managed to get incoming mail, but am getting an error message - "The host doesn't match the name specified on the certificate mail. talktalk.net"

I've searched posts on here, but can't find a solution. Can someone help please.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

I understand that. Does your partner have a seperate TalkTalk broadband account?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

IrisLollyCat
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

I have said from the very beginning that this is my partner's email address, not mine. It feels like you aren't reading what I'm actually writing.

I told you that my partner has had that same email address for years with no problem, he has never had a problem using mail clients until now.

Do you have a solution, or not?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi IrisLollyCat, the email address you sent me isn't linked to your account. Would you like me to add  it? This will allow it to use Mail Clients and prevent any further action to get it added in the future. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Send me a personal message with their email address so that I can check it for you. Just to recap it works when using webmail, but isn't working with mail clients? Does it show in your list of email addresses in MyAccount? 

Ady

0 Likes

IrisLollyCat
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

I have tried every possible port etc, but here is what I am using on eM Client for my own talktalk email address and it works fine. It doesn't work with my partner's email address:

IMAP:

mail.talktalk.net

Use SSL / TLC on special port (legacy)

SMTP:

smtp.talktalk.net

Force usage of SSL / TLC

Server requires authentication

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Without posting the the email address please show me what settings you're using. I asked if you could use webmail to make sure the username and password are working and accepted by our servers. 

Ady

0 Likes

IrisLollyCat
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Hi,

Thanks for replying. He can use Talktalk webmail but doesn't want to as it's a horrible interface. He has bought a new PC with Windows 11 and couldn't get Windows Mail to work at all, that's why we are trying eM Client. I have a TalkTalk email address and that is what I use.

I have read all the troubleshooting articles and checked the credentials. There is no reason why it shouldn't work. He can receive emails, but not send them.

After deleting the account and reinstalling it, it is now saying "An email server was selected, however, your credentials were rejected."

We are using the correct email address, and as per above, the correct credentials.

Any ideas?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi IrisLollyCat, does your partner's mail work when they login at https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite?

Ady

0 Likes