cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Spoofing & spam

megawatt
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Please can you tell me how much longer this situation will be continuing:

Please Note - we have temporarily removed the create/delete mailbox functionality as we are performing some backend maintenance work on our email platform. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Someone is using my email address to send spoof messages and I would like to delete my old email account and create a new one.  What chance?  Thanks.

Clive
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 2

Your email address is known to spammers. The latest wave of spam from Canada is spoofing the recipient's email address. I'll link to the help content that explains about email spoofing.

Compromised or spoofed accounts

You can request deletion of your mailbox / email address and that can be done for you by the Data Protection team. As a way of removing the mailbox as a target for more spam it's a sound move.

No TalkTalk Mail users are able to create, add or delete mailboxes and there's no information on when or if those functions will be restored to users.

You can give instructions for mailbox deletion to the TalkTalk Data Protection Office team.  See the GDPR help page item  'Your Right to be Forgotten / Right to Erasure '. There's a postal address, which in my view is the best way to contact the Data Protection team, but you can initiate a contact via any of the TalkTalk contact methods.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution