cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Sudden Influx of Spam

SecretSquirrel
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 59 of 59

Despite having my Tiscali email address for 23 years, I rarely, if ever, received any spam. That all changed roughly two weeks ago and am receiving several per hour.  I was helping a client of mine a few days ago who is also a Tiscali user and he has the same problem so I doubt that it's just me and a few others who are affected.  The spam messages nearly always have the same format:

• The entire spam content is an external image.
  • This is then followed by roughly 14 pages of nothing.
  • At the bottom of the email there's some text. This can be an FBI or Adobe newsletter or a Microsoft authentication code - presumably to fool the spam filter into thinking it's a legitimate email.
  • The emails are sent from a Google email address and are sent via Google servers - presumably using compromised Google credentials.
  • The links in the email for the spam content nearly always point to :  sender10.zohoinsights-crm.com

I'll be happy to email said spam messages to you as an attachment if required.

Hopefully you'll be able to help us with this annoying problem. Thanks.

58 REPLIES 58

DavidRobinson1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 59

I spoke too soon, tonight in the last couple of hours 5 spam email with the same headings as before and not caught by my inbox filters. Why its so sporadic I'm not sure but we need a fix for this as opening one these emails could be disastrous

0 Likes

Message 2 of 59

Yes it is very annoying, not sure its all TT's fault as the emails I've had seem to be coming via .gmail.com addresses some from the same address. Thank fully it is not as bad as it was. Dont let your gaurd down though.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 59

Hi, I've now seen a reduction coming through to my inbox to about two in the last week, it was upto five or six every day. As has been said previously, these are not "sophisticated" spams, and they should be very easy for TT to identify but maybe I'm doing them a disservice and the ones that do get through are actually tiny in number, but they are still very annoying 😀

DavidRobinson1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 59

To anyone whos still having issues with spam here is my update. For about a week or so ago I thought wasnt getting any spam at all, that was until I checked my own spam box and there I found about 8 all coming with .gmail.com addresses. After clearing them I have had non at all in the last 4-5 days. I just wonder if the issue is as good as or better for others who were affected.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 59

Only had two spams today but they shouldn't be getting through, they are so obviously spam a child could spot them and they are all from gmail addresses.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 59

The spam emails have returned. They're the same as the ones from last December - failed parcel deliveries, Boots perfume, OralB toothbrushes etc .

I'm also affected by the other current problem where the emails I send to my Gmail contacts end up in their spam folders.

It's a shambles ☹️

Message 7 of 59

Touch wood mine at the moment are the ones tempting me to think I have a package awaiting or have won a delongi something or other. I have only had one today but its still quite early. All the best David

0 Likes

Message 8 of 59

The majority of mine are currently advising me that my TT security services and account have been suspended, its quite shocking that TT can't block the spam emails that are pretending to be from themselves.

Message 9 of 59

For the last few days I have been receiving several spam emails and it seems to be getting worse. All of them are coming from gmail addresses, it looks as if TalkTalks filters are being breached again.

DavidRobinson1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 59

I spoke too soon, this morning I received a spam email claiming to be from Screwfix saying I had won a Stanley Tool Kit. Always be on your gaurd and I so nearly wasnt.

Message 11 of 59

I'm so sorry to hear that particularly as I thought the main issue was those of us with @Tiscali.co.uk email addresses. Please keep this forum post updated.

Message 12 of 59

Hi, it's a daily occurance for me, upto four every day. I am forwarding them to both TalkTalk and Gov.uk (interestingly I never receive a confirmation from TT though). My email is a TT one. I've no idea why some of us receive more than others, but I keep doing my bit to report.

DavidRobinson1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 59

In the last two or three weeks I have not had any spams reach my Tiscali address not even had any caught by the spam filters I have set up. I would be most interested if anyone else is still having issues, if so why are some users still getting spam.

Message 14 of 59

Hi Barney22

Your question is a very valid one, the short answer is yes. The only way the antispam teams get to know of unusually high levels of spam and phishing emails is by us reporting everything that seems suspicious. Getting spam is not normally the users fault its that the crooks have found another way to trick us and try to take our money and or identities. I know it seems too much trouble at times but yes please keep sending in your suspicious emails to phishing@talktalk.co.uk Kind Regards David

Message 15 of 59

Hi @Barney22! 

Here's the information you need about phishing emails. There are examples of the most recent phishing emails that the TalkTalk security team have received from customers. The reports are actioned.

Phishing emails & everything you need to know

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Barney22!
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 59

Hi, this is my first post so hope this is the right (good?) place to share?

I am also receiving multiple phishing emails everyday, all sorts of weird addresses. Every time one is received, I forward it to: phishing@talktalk.co.uk and also report@phishing.gov.uk.

I never receive an acknowledgement from TT, does anyone know if it is worth the effort in forwarding these to TT?

Message 17 of 59

Been like it for years Rootin

0 Likes

Message 18 of 59

Me too. Air fryere empire

0 Likes

Message 19 of 59

Since the latest formatting of talktalk mail the Spam has gone through the roof.

Very annoying and very unwanted.

Everything is a newsletter huh ? NOT.

Can't group send to spam as per your talktalk instructions. Wants me to unsubscribe to things I have never subscribed to.

You have had feeble Spam defense for years .Why can't you get a grip on it. Oh .It was after thousands of accounts were compromised I remember.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 59

I wonder why I am not being targeted (At this time) fingers crossed. So far since Chrismas not one spam have I had nor has my own spam filter had to block any and none in Junk/Spam boxes. This seems very strange I hope you get a solution very soon.

0 Likes