cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Synching with outlook on PC and Android mobile

crazyivan57
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Hi, I seem to be having issues with synching my outlook on my android mobile and PC. On my mobile I keep getting a message to sign in, which I do to no avail. I have changed my password again does not let me connect. I have made sure all the correct settings are in place on both PC and phone. My webmail is working fine. Can you assist please ?  Thanks. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 9

Hi crazyivan57
I access my Hotmail, TalkTalk and Tiscali email accounts on my Windows PC using Outlook 365, and on my Android phone I have set up to access my Tiscali email using the Googlemail client (native to Android), as well as accessing my Hotmail account on the phone using Outlook client. Hotmail is also configured to access my TalkTalk email. I also have an old Android phone, on which I have access to the Tiscali email through the Outlook client.
I could try and help you through the maze. I would start by checking what version of Outlook mail client you have on the Windows PC. There was a suggestion earlier that you are actually using Windows Mail on the PC. If we can get the PC client working OK, then we could try to sort out the issues with the phone.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes

crazyivan57
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

Hi Chris,

Thanks for asking. I'm still having the same issues, but strangely I do get the odd talk talk e mail into my synched accounts.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi crazyivan57,

How are you getting on, are you still experiencing this issue?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

You're not answering my questions so I'll leave this to TalkTalk Support to pick up and help you.

In the meantime use TalkTalk Mail webmail.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

crazyivan57
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 9

On my mobile and PC  it states Microsoft outlook, is that different to outlook then ? The other one which you say is webmail also states Microsoft in the 'about' section so I assumed it was as I had both Hotmail and talktalk linked there. Yes my question relates to a talktalk e mail address which has been working for years on both mobile and PC's. On the synch section of hotmail it states update failed. On my mobile it keeps asking me to enter my password, which I do to no avail . On the 'webmail' synch box I keep putting in my details but nothing happens. Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hotmail is not Outlook it is Microsoft webmail. The number reference you've given is not Outlook it's a Windows Mail reference.  Do you mean you're using Outlook.com and Windows Mail?

So let's start with the basics. Are you talking about a TalkTalk Mail email address and if so is that email address / mailbox listed in your TalkTalk customer MyAccount?

0 Likes

crazyivan57
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I have had no issues with either my mobile or PC until recently. I use hotmail (outlook) and Version 16005.14326.21538.0 outlook not hotmail on my PC. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Hi crazyivan57 

If email software on two devices is failing to connect but webmail is working then this suggests the mailbox has been limited to webmail only access.

Is the mailbox listed in your current customer MyAccount in the Mailboxes list?

The mailbox must be listed in an active customer MyAccount and be using secure mail settings on all devices. Outlook for Android is secure by default. What version of Outlook is on your PC and with what Operating System version?

0 Likes