cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TISCALI & LINEONE ACCOUNTS NOT SENDING EMAILS 4 OCT 2023

hopelessLINEONE
Team Player
Private Message
Message 18 of 18

Emails sent from our TISCALI and LINEONE accounts not working this evening.  Emails appear in the SENT box but are not received by addressees.  Have tried sending test emails to self on Mac, Iphone and webmail but issue is the same irrespective of device.  So looks like it is an issue at TalkTalk.  Could this be investigated please?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Just a quick heads up the investigation into Thursday's issue never stopped. For some reason the incident team took down notifications, while the teams were still working to identify the cause of the problem which has been resolved now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 18

From what I can see, mail server connectivity looks to be restored. Please retest and let us know that TalkTalk Mail to TalkTalk Mail sending and receiving is back in action for you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Hello,

This is back under investigation and we'll post new updates on the Service Status page.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

The issue has been cleared from Service Status Dashboard but I am finding that it is not resolved.

Sending from Talktalk to Talktalk doesn't receive. 

Sending to/from hotmail/gmail to/from Talktalk does work.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 18

Morning,

Would you mind retesting and letting us know if this is now working ok for you please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

The incident is being worked on and you can track it on the  Service Status (Email) page. 

It's the same for all of us having mailboxes on both the 'apps-legacy' platform and mailboxes migrated to the new platform. You'll just have to be patient.

Last night mail on-platform mail delivery was being held up by around 8 hours and that's why on-platform mail arrived this morning just after 8am. I checked again at 10am and on-platform mail delivery for unmigrated mailboxes was working and delivery was normal. Mailboxes on the new platform were not receiving on-platform mail. When I checked again at around 5pm I found that no on-platform mail was being delivered and that's still the case.

So, there was a temporary restoration of on-platform mail delivery, for unmigrated mailboxes only at least between 8 - 10am for certain, but the root cause of the issue(s) has clearly not been cleared. Service Status will clear when the issue(s) have been fixed.

0 Likes

hopelessLINEONE
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 18

Unfortunately after some limited success this morning, have to report that the above issue has returned this evening.  Now unable, as a lineone customer, to send and receive emails to and from tiscali and lineone addressees, including my wife!  Sent emails end up in the "sent" box (on webmail and devices)  but are not received by tiscali and lineone addressees.

Please get this sorted TalkTalk, and  quickly; this has been going on too long.  Probably something to do with migration to the new webmail platform.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi hopelessLINEONE 

Thanks for the confirmation. This also confirms that your mailbox from which you carried out the sending is not yet migrated to the new TalkTalk Mail platform. This is because mail sent from the 'old' platform mailboxes to other TalkTalk Mail addresses was restored at around 8am this morning. But mail sent from the new platform mailboxes to other TalkTalk Mail addresses is still not being received.

The TalkTalk Mail team are working on the issue(s).

Message 9 of 18

We're still investigating this issue. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 10 of 18

Good to hear that your emails now reach you from Talktalk addresses, @hopelessLINEONE.

Mine don't  - so it doesn't appear to be resolved universally yet!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

hopelessLINEONE
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 18

Understand that there was an issue with mail sending on the TalkTalk Mail platform from an yTalkTalk Mail address to any other TalkTalk Mail address.  Sending to external email accounts and receiving from external email accounts is working ok. 

This was flagged this up to TalkTalk in the early hours this morning..

Success!  This morning a backlog of test emails arrived so it seems issue has been resolved.  Thank you.

Message 12 of 18

OK, I've done some checking and can see there is an issue with mail sending on the TalkTalk Mail platform from an yTalkTalk Mail address to any other TalkTalk Mail address.  Sending to external email accounts and receiving from external email accounts is working ok. 

I'll flag this up to TalkTalk.

0 Likes

hopelessLINEONE
Team Player
Private Message
Message 13 of 18

As instructed have attempted to send a test email to self (lineone) and to my wife (tiscali) using webmail a second time.  The message appears in the sent box but hasn't arrived in either of our inboxes.  I have checked and have no rules or auto-forward applied.

I am able to send and receive from non-lineone and non-tiscali people. 

This issue seems peculiar to lineone and tiscali accounts and has only emerged in the last few days.

'Fraid it is not obvious to me whether my webmail has migrated to a new platform.  It looks similar to what I have used in the past and I can't identify a version number etc on the online app.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

I asked you to sign in to your lineone mailbox using the button in my post. This is because I only want to know that the mailbox is working correctly. When you sign in and send mail following my instructions is there any error message on sending?

The filter rules are set up in the online mailbox. So that's where I want you to check. Do you know how to check for filter rules?

Is your mailbox migrated to the new mail platform yet? The instructions are slightly different for the new mail platform.

0 Likes

hopelessLINEONE
Team Player
Private Message
Message 15 of 18

Thanks for your response.  Have tried sending to self using 2 different devices (Mac and Iphone) and also using webmail.  Messages appear in the sent box but are nor received and are not shown in the Inbox.  As far as I know I have no auto-forward or other filter rules, and haven't changed any setting recently.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 18

Good to know you're receiving some emails.

Please test by signing in to webmail and doing a send to self to ensure that mail is sent without any error message appearing and then that the sent message appears in the Sent folder and then in the Inbox. If the message doesn't appear in the Inbox then check you have no auto forward or other filter rules operating on the Inbox.

Let us know what you find.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail lineone email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

0 Likes

hopelessLINEONE
Team Player
Private Message
Message 17 of 18

Can add that it looks like some emails from non-TISCALI and non-LINEONE accounts are received normally.

0 Likes