cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TT512 error code

YorkshireGirl
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

I work with a charity that uses Glasscubes for internal secure communication and I'm experiencing an issue that seems to be affecting my @talktalk.net email address.

I am unable to receive e-mail notifications from them and have asked their tech department to look into this.

Every time they try and send me an email notification, your servers are responding with TT Error Code is TT512.

Their notifications are sent from notify@mail.glasscubes.com

Their outgoing mail service then adds my email address to a suppression list.

They can find no way of sorting this out for me and advised me to contact you with the error code.

Can you please advice the best way to resolve?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Thanks for doing this and I'll now pursue this only with Glasscubes. Thanks for your help and the unread messages have been read, just showed up again as unread when we installed a new PC at home.

Message 2 of 11

Hi YorkshireGirl, I've run 7 day scans on the email provided and the domain and no blocked mails show up. I've checked and your mailbox is in normal working order with no blocks or filters in place. You do have 182 unread mails though. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 11

I have now added both email addresses to my profile.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

550.5.1.1 Mailbox unavailable or Message undeliverable or Recipient undeliverable (TT512 is the associated bounceback from TalkTalk) - Wrong address given to Glasscubes, mailbox is locked, mailbox is full -10Gb capacity OR Spam blocking are the various reasons.

Are Glasscubes still seeing the TT512 bounceback with new messages outgoing from them for your TalkTalk mailbox? If so then Amazon SES haven't suppressed sending.

I'll ask TalkTalk Support to do a check of your mailbox. They'll need to know that Glasscubes have sent a new message to you via their normal servers and that Amazon SES have actually sent the message. The TalkTalk check of your mailbox is for the 7 days only prior to their check.

I asked you on 12 March to put the email addresses (your email address and that for Glasscubes) in your Community profile, Personal Information, Private notes but you haven't done so. TalkTalk Support will need this information so please take the time to update and Save changes.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 11

The latest back from Glasscubes is as follows:

"

Our tech team have asked if you could go back to TalkTalk and ask them why they return a 5.1.1 bounce code for your email inbox?

FYI "SMTP 5.1.1 Error message indicates the email account doesn't exist at the organisation or domain the message was sent to"

Will this be the reason that their notifications to me are not raising an email to my TalkTalk account?

And if so, can this be resolved at the TalkTalk end?

Further advice much appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Certainly show glasscubes technical experts all of this topic.

I can see you're a Yorkshire lass so the inbuilt thrift gene is probably the reason for still using Outlook Express. But Outlook Express is a deprecated product well beyond end of life and hasn’t had any updates, patches, or security vulnerabilities fixed. And there were a lot of security issues.

Outlook Express is not supported by Microsoft or TalkTalk and does not provide the required connection security for your TalkTalk mailbox.  Continued use of Outlook Express can result in TalkTalk limiting the mailbox access to webmail only to stop any potential insecurity and its consequences from impacting the TalkTalk network.

I also hope that the computer Operating System (OS) is more up to date than Microsoft Vista (or XP) that was the original system for Outlook Express? Should be Windows 11 or at least Windows 10 in order to be provided with security updates but the original Outlook Express is not designed to run on the later OS.

Having said that there is a third party product called OE Classic that was designed to provide for Outlook Express users that wanted to retain the look and feel of the product. OE Classic is suitable for use on Windows 10 and 11 and does offer the required security for TalkTalk Mail. So, if it's OE Classic that you have, apologies for the concerns I have for your security.

Do let me know what the computer OS is and what the email product is just so I can hopefully reassure you that there are no security issues.

Message 7 of 11

Thanks for all your info.

I tried sending myself an email, it arrived in my inbox, stayed in my sent box and then indeed was forwarded on to my Outlook Express inbox so everything seemed to work fine.

However, Glasscube notifications this morning are still not coming through to my emails.

Would you suggest I now go back to Glasscubes tech department and show them the rest of the info in your initial response?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

I'll explain what's happening.

• The outgoing mail from mail.glasscubes.com is sent by the Amazon mail servers to TalkTalk
  • The TalkTalk MX server receives the mail and tries to locate and deliver to the destination mailbox i.e. your TalkTalk mailbox
  • If your TalkTalk mailbox is not available for delivery the TalkTalk MX server bounces back a non-delivery Delivery Status Notification (DSN)
  • The DSN is received by the Amazon mail servers that retry the sending
  • A continued failure results in the Amazon mail servers putting your destination mailbox address on a suppression list
  • No more mail gets sent from the Amazon mail servers to your TalkTalk mailbox

So, even if you trap the bounceback DSN at glasscubes it's just going to tell you that the mail has not been delivered. You can if you have control of the account level suppression list choose to disable the suppression which means that Amazon will keep sending.

Using the Amazon SES suppression list

What's needed is to find out why your TalkTalk mailbox is not accepting delivery.

For TalkTalk Support include in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number.
    Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Select the New email button to compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header
  • Select All settings
  • Select Mail and scroll down to Rules
    Select the chevron icon > to see all defined Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the X icon to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red  X
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox.

0 Likes

YorkshireGirl
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 11

Thanks for the information. Mailbox is not full. No rules I can see are set for the Inbox.

This issue occurred from one hour to the next without me changing anything on my PC.

I have tried setting up a rule to accept these email notifications and will wait an see if this makes a difference.

Thanks for the help

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 11

TT512 indicates that your mailbox is not available for delivery or you've marked the glasscubes.com mail as spam, perhaps inadvertently, and delivery is being rejected.

Is your mailbox full? Do you have any Rules operating on your Inbox that might be inadvertently blocking receipt?

mail.glasscubes.com uses the Amazon Simple Email Service to deliver mail messages and yes, that does add your email address to a suppression list to stop mail being sent because there was a permanent failure to accept the inbound mail.

0 Likes