cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TT992

Tashto
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I am unable to receive emails from outlook and hotmail ( that I know of to date) as sender gets "content rejected (TT992)" message. Have tried sending to my talktalk address using gmail and this seems ok.

This is a new thing and I have made no changes to my talktalk  set up.

Can anyone help me with this?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

This issue is resolved. Mail from outlook.com and hotmail.com is being received by TalkTalk Mail users.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

extract

Sorry for the delay - had trouble extracting data

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Tashto 

Mail from Microsoft servers is currently reported as being bounced with a spam protection TT992 error. So far it's not known if this is a rate limiting issue because inbound mail has triggered spam detection or if the sending Microsoft servers are not being authenticated by Microsoft via SPF so are being rejected as potential spammers.

If you can get one of the outlook.com or hotmail.com emails sent to your Gmail address and then launch Gmail in a desktop browser and look at Settings <> Show Original and copy the header to me via PM that would help me to identify the likely root cause. I'm looking for the sending IP address in particular.

Redact personal email addresses before posting. What I'm looking for is the lines that start:

ARC-Authentication-Results:
Return-Path:
Received: from

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution