cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TalkTalk no longer supporting 3rd party apps

AndyB100
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

Just been informed that TalTalk no longer support 3rd party apps like Outlook and that all customers will need to log on to Talk Talk webmail to access emails.  is this really true?  Is everyone now not able to get emails on Outlook?

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi AndyB100, its not that our mail systems don't work/support mail clients its that we can't train our staff to be fully conversant with all aspects of all the different mail clients. Our staff don't support mail clients to the extent that the support staff of the particular product do. We provide the correct settings for the various mail clients in our email settings help article and webmail is the default for our staff to verify that your mailbox, username and passwords are working. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 14

That should definitely be able to work. You seem to have one version more recent than I have! As previously suggested, look at

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Email-settings-to-access-TalkTalk-emails/ta-p/2204399

and make sure the email account settings are correct. In particular look at the "Server settings" and make sure everything is OK. 

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.

Message 3 of 14

Thanks for your reply.  I thought the info I have been told was wrong/suspicious

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Thanks for your reply.  I am on a pc using Windows 10 Pro and use Outlook for Microsoft 365, specifically

Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2409 Build 16.0.18025.20030) 64-bit.  I also cannot get my emails on my Iphone 14 Pro (using the Apple mail app)

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 14

I notice that although I have Outlook for Android on my smartphone, working just fine with my Tiscali email account, I  also have GMail on that same phone also configured to access my Tiscali email account. I remember how much it objected to me deleting my Gmail account from that app. Just how many email accounts, clients and apps can a person handle?

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.

Message 6 of 14

Ah, OK. The OP mentioned apps, rather than clients, still no idea what devices unless they clarify. That's what I was mostly asking. 

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 14

You asked the question of the OP, what version of Outlook being used. That is an important question, but it is not always easy to find the version numbers, so I hoped to help by saying how to find that on the version of Outlook which I am using. I have another version of Outlook on my PC, called "New Outlook" (the successor of Windows Mail) but I have not configured that to access my TalkTalk email accounts only my Hotmail account. Some weeks ago this forum was reporting people having difficulty configuring "New Outlook" to access TalkTalk email accounts. I don't know if that issue has been resolved.

Message 8 of 14

@jbuchanangb 

I assume that was aimed at the OP, not me?  😉

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 14

To find out the version of Outlook, you could try "File -> Office Account -> About Outlook"
When I do that it tells me I am using:
Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (Version 2408 Build 16.0.17928.20114) 64-bit

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 14

@AndyB100 

Which device/s, operating systems etc. are you finding you cannot use Outlook? And which variant of that, exactly, as Microsoft have brought out numerous versions and iterations with some older ones no longer supported. 

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 14

I'm not experiencing any problems using Outlook 365 accessing both my @Tiscali email and my @talktalk email. This is OK on my Windows 11 PC. Outlook for Android is also not having any problem accessing the @Tiscali email on the smartphone.

0 Likes

AndyB100
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 14
 I had two separate conversations  with customer service and then started messaging via TalkTalk facebook page.  In a DM from TalkTalk, they said  "We no longer supporting 3rd party apps, you will need to log in to TalkTalk webmail. -Siphesihle"  Sounded ludicrous to me so posted here to find out if people were still getting email via Outlook

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

Where did  you hear that, @AndyB100?

I would check via the forum search engine. Useful information here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Email-settings-to-access-TalkTalk-emails/ta-p/2204399

You may have received a phishing scam email, so don't click on any links.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.