cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Too Many Invalid Recipients (TT507)

Mal469
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Good morning,

Yesterday my wife, who has a pipex.dsl address, prepared an email to a new recipient and left it to sync on the next cycle. Returning to the computer some hours later she realised that it was still in the outbox, with the "Too Many Invalid Recipients (TT507)" error code showing. On checking we realised that there was a spelling error in the address she had entered. Correcting and attempting to resend made no difference.

Presumably the client had been attempting to send every 10 minutes for several hours, so really it was not "too many recipients" but "one recipient too many times". No doubt if she had been present on the first syncing, she would have received "Invalid Recipient", which she could have corrected there and then and all would be well. Trying again this morning 9 hours later she is still locked out from sending, but can receive. Attempting to send a test from my own address (we have several addresses under the same account) I find that I am blocked too.

Is this something that will self correct after (24?) hours of no sending, or will manual intervention from the TalkTalk end be required?

It's very inconvenient, but at least we can use Gmail instead.

Mal469

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Mal469
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

Hi,

Sending mail now functioning again on all accounts. Thanks for your help.

Mal469

Mal469
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi Ady,

Thanks for that. Strangely, shortly after trying and failing to send to the corrected email address this morning, we sent a test email from her address to mine at 9:51. It was initially rejected but crawled in to my account at 14:03.

However, we're going to leave all our sending untouched until tomorrow, to avoid restarting the  clock.

Mal469

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi Mal469, your wife will have to let 24 hours elapse before sending more mail.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes