cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Cannot send mail via webmail

ErniePatterson
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

When trying to send email, via “talk talk” webmail, I get 453 “too many invalid recipients”, even for ‘test-mail@talktalk.net’.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Ah, so not sending via the TalkTalk network. It's possible that your email sending was rate limited because the IP address given to your broadband network by Swishfibre is not being recognised by the TalkTalk Mail system as being registered to the UK.  i.e. TalkTalk Mail thinks you're sending from an overseas network because Swishfibre have bought a block of IP addresses from outside the UK. OR you're using a VPN on the Swishfibre connection and that VPN is hosted overseas.

If using a VPN then make sure a UK host server is selected. This is also a workaround to a public IP address not being recognised as issued in the UK.

https://whatsmyip.com/ click the link to see your public IP address.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi 

I seem to have solved the mail incoming and outgoing by changing password to a more complex one - BUT the problem seems to be my wifi - email works fine on Vodafone 4G with no issues - i switch on wifi and then nothing sends [Sits in the outbox] - My wifi is Swishfibre and is working fine for internet, sky etc - So not sure if there is a security protocal problem 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Ernie,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

A temporary stop on sending is what you had as a 453 error code. But if your iPhone email app is reporting that your mailbox sign in credentials (Username and password) are incorrect then that's a different error.  Are you sure you entered the current password when setting up the app again?

Is your mailbox password strong enough? The mailbox authentication may have detected a weak password and declined to connect to your mailbox.

Hopefully you'll have pre-registered for password recovery an alternate email address and mobile number. Either can be selected in the password reset process to receive an emailed link or a 6 digit code by mobile text message to authenticate a password change. It's worth checking these Reset details are present and correct before opting to change the password assuming you can still sign in to webmail. 

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and your email password, select Sign in.

Update your reset details is an option on the user avatar menu. Check, update and Save the Reset details if needed, then use the Reset password now button in the help page  Changing your email password.

My recommendation is to exceed the minimum required and use a password of 12-15 multicase letters and numbers and a symbol. A new password created from multiple words gives an opportunity to memorise the password that, for security, needs to be unique to the mailbox.

0 Likes

ErniePatterson
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 7

Its to 1 email address - The not sending is on my iphone - I have deleted and re installed my account - Just keeps saying username and password is incorrect and sits in the outbox 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

What's the TT error code. TT507 perhaps?

Your mail sending will have been rate limited because outgoing mail from your mailbox has targeted too many wrong or non-existent addresses.

Are you doing a group send? Perhaps wishing everyone a Happy New Year? Some of the addresses will no longer be in use is the best guess.