cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

UKgateway user who has changed all their settings and still cannot access incoming mail on iPhone

Dhud13
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi support, I have changed all my settings on my iPad and iPhone for the new SSL access. I can send emails from both devices, but cannot verify the incoming server.

it keeps saying”no password provided”. There is blatantly a password or the outgoing would not work.

Please advise?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Dhud13, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ad

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Nice. TalkTalk Support will let you know right here about restoring full access for the mailbox.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 5

Thank you, I have disabled all other devices. The 25 would have been the PC. 143 was the insecure IMAP and the 110 the old pop3 way I used to access via. Thank you for the swift response.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The password not provided error is just indicating that IMAP access to your mailbox is switched off. This was an action of last resort by TalkTalk because of continued use of insecure mail settings.

I've asked that full access is restored for the mailbox email address that you will have added to your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes. (Do check it's there - master mailbox address if using an alias address)

TalkTalk Support will respond here and then restore IMAP4 / POP3 access as soon as reasonably possible. Until full access is switched back on, use TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser to keep in touch with email contacts.

Are you confident that no help is necessary checking other services / devices / email software for compatibility with TLS 1.2 encryption and the incoming and outgoing server settings in use? Did you identify the insecure settings, for example? The culprit devices were just the iPhone and or iPad that got a stop on sending or mailbox access switched off because ports 25 (SMTP) or 110 (POP) or 143 (IMAP) were used?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution