cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to Access TalkTalk Webmail Account.

Teresa5
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hello.

I was using my e-mail account from https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite/ when I refreshed the page (as it was obvious that the e-mail wasn't refreshing.  Now I can't get in at all.  I get the following message (URL: https://apps-legacy.talktalk.co.uk/#tt-username=Dhvvtivj4YelpkkwkovD%7Bilsyguk.rkx

This site can’t be reached

The connection was reset.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

I've tried rebooting and different browsers but get the same result.

Please help.

Teresa.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Ah, good to know that another device, sans workplace security, is working as expected.

I appreciate your time to let me know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Teresa5
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

Hi Gondola.

I was unable to fix it but I think this might be due to the authoritarian stance my organisation has recently taken on my work laptop.  Even after following your advice I had no luck.  (I can't even stop the cursed screensaver from appearing after 15 minutes of inactivity now, even after fiddling with the registry.)  This might explain why I received similar results on different browsers even though I'd never used them for that purpose before.  Very weird.  Anyway, I tried it on another device and I was able to get in.  So perhaps that's what has caused it, although it was working fine this morning.  Especially after the nonsense I experienced a few weeks ago when everything had disappeared, I automatically (and incorrectly) thought that TalkTalk was at fault.

Thanks (again) so much for all your help and time.

Best wishes,

Teresa.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

The issue is related to cookies. Cookies must be stored on the device and not blocked or deleted. If you reset the browser to defaults without any extensions or add-ons and make sure there's nothing blocking 'tracking cookies' that's the way to troubleshoot the login.

0 Likes

Teresa5
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Hi Gondola,

Thanks again for your response.  After restarting my router, I tried to login on Firefox Private Browsing (I usually use Chrome Incognito) where I received the following message:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to apps-legacy.talktalk.co.uk. PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

Error code: PR_CONNECT_RESET_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem.

Again I couldn't get to the prompt to put in my password after my e-mail address.

I had problems a couple of weeks ago where all my e-mails disappeared after the upgrade.  The apps-legacy URL fixed that.  Of course, TalkTalk haven't bothered to e-mail me anything at all.

I am completely open to any advice you can offer and most grateful to you.

Very best regards,

Teresa.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

If the site does not ask you for a password it means that there's a session cookie that's telling the browser to go straight to the webmail page. For example, I'm signed in to webmail and I click on your link in your post and I'm taken straight to my existing login. I've tried with an alternate browser and I'm asked for both email address and password before being directed to the apps-legacy website where I see my mailbox perfectly ok.

You were one of the few people that got 'inadvertently' connected to the new platform after mail maintenance. Have you been selected as a tester for the new platform? Is your mailbox migrated? Any comms from TalkTalk?

0 Likes

Teresa5
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Many thanks for your reply, Gondola.

My broadband connection is fine, other websites are working without any problem.  After inputting my e-mail address in the relevant box and clicking "Continue" instead of getting the box to insert my password, I just get the "This site cannot be reached page".  I've tried browsers that I don't ordinarily use for my TalkTalk e-mail, but no luck.

I was wondering if there was something wrong with the website.

Best regards,

Teresa.

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi Teresa5 

I assume your broadband connection is ok?

If using Chrome then reset the browser or with Firefox start Troubleshoot mode form the Help menu. This clears cookies and any add-ons that may be holding up access. Cookies may be corrupted or Internet security is delaying the sign in.

https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite/ should take you to a sign in page and from there to https://apps-legacy.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite/

0 Likes