cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to log into my old Onetel email

Purchase
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I have an old email account with Onetel, but I am unable to log into it on the Talktalk appsuite, from my computer.

How can I sort out access to my Onetel email account?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

The checks do indicate that the onetel mailbox for the address entered does not exist. Sorry to be the bearer of unwelcome news. The system does delete mailboxes that go unused for more than 6 months. There's no recovery possible nor is it possible to reuse the same email address.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 8

It was more than a year ago that I last used the Onetel mailbox.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

If you entered the onetel email address correctly for both the Verifalia check and the TalkTalk password recovery check then that's two checks that indicate the onetel mailbox for the address entered does not exist. Which means it's been deleted or barred. The TalkTalk Mail system will flag for deletion any mailbox that goes unused for more than 180 days and delete that mailbox from the system usually after a year. 

Sorry to be the bearer of unwelcome news. When was the last time you used the onetel mailbox? i.e. signed in via webmail or email software?

Message 4 of 8

Thank you for your reply.

When I tried to Reset my password, it says,

"The email address entered does not have a TalkTalk domain. Please try again."

I am not sure what that means.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Maybe.

Try password recovery.

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. Enter the onetel email address and complete the reCAPTCHA and Continue.

If the email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.  If you see the message about Deleted or No Domain then that doesn't look promising, assuming you entered the correct email address.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

Thank you for your reply. 

I entered my Onetel email address into  Verifalia, and it said,

"Undeliverable
Invalid email address, the mailbox for the email address does not exist."

Does that mean I can no longer use my Onetel email address?
0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Does the onetel mailbox exist?

Enter the email address at Verifalia, complete the reCAPTCHA and select Validate to see if you get an indication of Deliverable.

If that says 'Deliverable' then the mailbox exists.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full onetel email address and onetel email password, select Sign in.

If that says 'Incorrect password' then the Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If the email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

0 Likes