cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to send email

Nothingdoing
Participant
Private Message
Message 33 of 33

Have lost sending email like many before. Have checked all settings are correct and added emails in private notes. Request TalkTalk resolve.

Peter White
0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

Message 1 of 33

Good work, well done. It's always great to hear of success.

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 33

Thanks for all your help on my emails  problem. You have the patience of a Saint in the work you do to help TalkTalk. members like me. I am now up and running on all emails.  Take care and keep up the good work.

Peter White

Message 3 of 33

OK.

Top tip: When creating a new talktalk.net email address in your customer MyAccount, check it does get added to the Mailbox list of email addresses then wait for 5 minutes before trying to sign in to the mailbox via webmail access. Do not change the password until you have successfully signed in to the mailbox via webmail access and have set up password recovery Reset details via the mailbox main menu.

OK, so you're successfully sending mail from the 'phone for that new account.

Now go for the webmail sign in to check you can sign in (remember to clear the sign in boxes if they get auto-filled in by your browser) and then when you're signed in to the new mailbox do set up password recovery Reset details via the mailbox main menu.

Message 4 of 33

I have generated another email address in the Mail Box. Tried to use it to log into Web Mail and got same message on password. Thinking it was fingers  I tried to change password and  got domain not recognised. Tried the new  email address on Iphone and can now send emails. On the receive side get  on occasions undelivered mail returned to sender. Thank you for your patience.   

Peter White

Message 5 of 33

Thanks I am sure he will sort it.

Peter White

Message 6 of 33

Hi Nothingdoing, if you follow Gondola's advice you will get sorted.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 7 of 33

I have no clue as to what you're doing...

I asked you to create a new talktalk.net email address and password. Then to check that talktalk.net address was active on the TalkTalk Mail platform. Then sign in to TalkTalk Mail using the same talktalk.net email address and password newly created. How can the password be wrong when you've just created it?

Are you entering the talktalk.net address and password manually or using some saved login that the browser inserts automatically? If so, clear the boxes and enter the address and password manually from the note you made when you created the new address.

0 Likes

Nothingdoing
Participant
Private Message
Message 8 of 33

I did as you requested and was unable to log in to web Mail due to wrong password which I double checked. From an earlier test the system still thinks I have the tiscali email which I removed and replaced with the  new TalkTalk one. How it has done that after  a complete deletion is a puzzle 

Peter White

Message 9 of 33

I'm not monitoring the test-mail mailbox. That's set up to provide an auto-response. I checked it was working.

The TT510 error indicates mailbox deleted. So, I'm not clear on what you're doing.

Are you signed in to TalkTalk Mail webmail to the new address you created and checked was Deliverable using Verifalia?

Let's try another way.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

The button above will take you In the sign in box enter the new TalkTalk Mail email address and new password, select Sign in.  If selecting the Sign in button above gets you automatically signed in without entering the new email address then sign out using the sign out icon top right on the blue header bar then select the Sign in button above.

Then select Compose from the toolbar and compose a new message. Send it to the same address as you just entered to sign in to TalkTalk Mail.

You should see your test message in the Sent objects folder and then see it arrive in the Inbox folder.

0 Likes

Nothingdoing
Participant
Private Message
Message 10 of 33

Did you get my result from the auto test. Reply was a no go although it mentioned the recipient as the  Tiscali email that I had removed and replaced by  the TalkTalk one in the Mail Box.  Delivery to recipient not allowed TT510 (in reply to RCPT TO command). Please bear with me I am not having a good day.

Peter White
0 Likes

Message 11 of 33

qué

0 Likes

Message 12 of 33

Sorry about the banner remark.Always keep a sense of humour!

Peter White
0 Likes

Message 13 of 33

That just means you got the address wrong.  Try again, test-mail@talktalk.net

0 Likes

Nothingdoing
Participant
Private Message
Message 14 of 33

Message could not be sent. Error message from email transport server

Recipient invalid TT 503

Peter White
0 Likes

Message 15 of 33

OK, good. That tells me the address you entered is valid and is a mailbox address on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

So, test in TalkTalk Mail webmail. First sign out of any webmail account you're currently signed in to.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

Compose and send a test message to test-mail@talktalk.net and in a few moments you should see an auto-response arrive in the Inbox.

Let me know if that's all working as it should.

0 Likes

Nothingdoing
Participant
Private Message
Message 16 of 33

Result was: Deliverable

Valid email with no high risk factors detected: safe to send email.

Address syntactically valid

Peter White
0 Likes

Message 17 of 33

If you got a green banner in MyAccount when creating the new email address and that new address is listed in your MyAccount TalkTalk Mailbox list then it should have created a mailbox on the TalkTalk Mail platform unless the fault of late last year has returned.

This is my customer MyAccount showing my 3 mailboxes in the non-full fibre MyAccount.

TalkTalk Mailbox

For the new email address, if you see it in your customer MyAccount then please  enter the email address at Verifalia, an external website that verifies if an email address exists. Enter the email address, complete the reCAPTCHA and select the Validate button. Does the top line response say 'Deliverable' or something else?

Let us know the outcome.

If there's a new fault condition we'll need to get TalkTalk to raise a fault ticket.

0 Likes

Nothingdoing
Participant
Private Message
Message 18 of 33

Thanks will do. 

Hi Gondola

Added another email address and tried to connect  to Mail Box with email provider- failed password check. It looks as though my added email is not recognised. Is their anyway  it can be cleared/unblocked. You are the only person I can communicate with  as the rest are robots, who do not like anything to do with emails. This includes phone and chats.  Again thanks again for yesterdays help. 

Peter White

Nothingdoing
Participant
Private Message
Message 19 of 33

Thanks for your help. I have to go.Will look at the process for adding email addresses ans see where I have gone wrong

Peter White

Message 20 of 33

Yesterday is close enough. The reason for asking is that talktalk.net email addresses created between mid August and mid December 2022 may not have been created as mailboxes on the TalkTalk Mail platform even though the email address was added to the customer MyAccount. Maybe this fault has returned?

Would you create another new talktalk.net email address if there's a spare slot in the 5 available? Just to see if this one gets added to the TalkTalk Mail platform.  

0 Likes