cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Webmail on an ipad

Esu077
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Why can I not see any emails on my ipad after signing on 18 January. Everything looks different.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

I'm delighted you have found the missing messages in the Archive.

Archiving is a user function and the user can:

• Archive a single or selected mail messages or
  • Archive from a Folder all messages older than 90 days

To Archive a single or selected mail messages

• Select the message(s) via the tick boxes
  • Select the Archive icon in the toolbar
    Or for single messages
  • Select the triple dots Actions menu in the message detail view
  • Then select the 'Archive' menu item

To Archive messages older than 90 days

• Select the Folder
  • To the right of the folder name - Select the triple dots ellipsis Actions on folder icon
  • Then select the 'Archive old messages' menu item

To move messages from an Archive year folder

• Select the year folder
  • To the right of the folder name - Select the triple dots ellipsis Actions for year icon
  • Then the 'Move all messages' menu item
  • Select the Inbox or wherever you want those messages

In relation to your question of why the specific range of messages was Archived - Obviously not via the Archive older than 90 days function. So, that just leaves the fact that the messages happened to be selected and the Archive icon in the toolbar was inadvertently actioned.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 10

Hello Gondola

I have done as you requested and yes, the emails are in the Archived folder. Thank you for your help. Can you explain how the archiving works because as far as I am aware I didn't make a conscious decision to do that . Is archiving an automatic process and if so when does it do it? Also it has archived from July 27 2023 to Jan 16 2024. Why would it not archive up to July 27, saving the older messages? Can I put the archived emails back into my inbox?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

I can see that you have the display set to List layout. Have you tried Vertical Layout? Select via the cog icon on the header and in the menu select Vertical in the Layout options.

I can also see that since the mailbox was migrated to the new platform that you have used the TalkTalk Mail Archive feature.

Select the inward facing chevron preceeding the Archive folder (the one at the bottom of the list of standard folders) and that will expand to show the year by year folders for mail messages that you have archived. Have a look to see if your messages for the time frame in question are in the Archive folders.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

I can access my emails on an Android mobile, Ipad and an Imac. I used the Thunderbird as it was handy at the time. Here is a screen shot of Webmail, all the emails are missing on all of the devices from July 23 2023.Screenshot of WEBMAILScreenshot of WEBMAIL

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Just an observation that the screenshot offered by member Esu077 is not TalkTalk Mail webmail. The screenshot is from the Thunderbird email client. Is this being shown to us because Thunderbird has not been used to download mail messages after 23 July 2023 up to 18 January 2024?

Perhaps TalkTalk Mail webmail is not displaying as well as we'd like on a tablet but it would be good to see what the TalkTalk Mail webmail display is showing on the iPad of member Esu077. And in relation to mail messages whether that online mailbox does hold all expected messages.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

I've asked the email team to look into this for us, I'm waiting to hear back.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Esu077
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

I have worked out how to see my emails but more concerning is that I have lost all inbox emails from 23 July 2023 to 18 January 2024, the day of the update!Showing  missing emailsShowing missing emails

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

Morning,

How are you getting on? Is this still happening?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Take a screenshot, image edit to obscure any personal information and upload here using the camera icon above this Reply area - or picture icon if in mobile browser mode.

We cannot see what you see so need to have a view on what you see to diagnose what's happening.

There was an update this morning to redesign the mobile user display so maybe your browser needs a reset to load everything afresh. Is the browser Safari? What's the browser version and the iPad iOS operating system version please?