cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

What is TalkTalk's spam folder used for?

3 REPLIES 3
peter_scott
Popular Poster

I have had an email address since 1984. I know how the spam folder works
at Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo. TalkTalk has me foxed -- can anyone tell me what TalkTalk's spam folder is used for?

http://peterscott.eu/rants/talktalk.html
TheHornedOne
Insightful One

@peter_scott wrote:

............................ can anyone tell me what TalkTalk's spam folder is used for?

I guess it is little different than having a Trash Folder, and / or, a Junk Folder, or possibly, all three!

With some applications, you can Subscribe / Unsubscribe specific folders, and / or, you could have the application deliver a specific email, to a specific folder.

For example, my current application is set-up so that any emails I designate initially as Junk, are moved to the Spam folder, for, shall we say, further analysis, and then moved to the Trash folder, where I kill 'em, en bloc!!

PS ~ 1984 eh peter_scott, I'll bet you can tell a tale or three then!

peter_scott
Popular Poster

Thanks for the reply.  Does anything ever appear in the spam folder that you or your filters didn't cause?

http://peterscott.eu/rants/talktalk.html
TheHornedOne
Insightful One

@peter_scott wrote:

Thanks for the reply.  Does anything ever appear in the spam folder that you or your filters didn't cause?

Nope, don't use filters peter_scott, never have, never will, more trouble than they're worth, total waste of time, and effort!  Which is a similar view to that which I hold on artificial intelligence!

I deal with rubbish / junk / spam, or whatever you want to call such email - expletive, expletive - as and when they drop into my inbox, and frequently reply to it with a shed load of lorem ipsum, for the senders filters to deal with!

Just my opinion you understand, ha!