cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

*What* is going on with email?

Juggery65
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Since Talk Talk's latest 'fabulous' "this ain't broke so let's break it" email 'upgrade', I have variously been:
(a) unable to log into my main mail account at all even though the password was correct, forcing me to create a new password, which involved me having to sign up with a different email service in order to simply verify my own identity so I could merely change the password.
(b) told on at least three occasions that my inbox has been 'deleted' only to return an hour later to find it back exactly where I'd originally left it.

(c) today I've been unable to open any emails due to 'an internal server error' (according to the error message that flashes on screen far too quickly to screengrab).

And finally, also today, upon attempting to simply individually delete a number of emails in an attempt to fix the above problem, I have continually been presented with the following error message: 

"This message could not be moved to the trash folder, possibly because your mailbox is nearly full.
In that case, please try to empty your deleted items, or delete smaller messages first."

The mailbox is only 1.09GB full out of 10GB. The Trash folder is empty. 

This 'development' seems to extend to all of my email accounts now, not just the main one. I have tried to access my emails on three different browsers with no success.

Any of the many problems I now seem to be having with using TalkTalk email are now just instinctively assumed by me to be TalkTalk's fault rather than mine. I had none of this malarkey before the 'upgrade', in fact I had years of trouble-free use.

So why is this happening?
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi Juggery65, please add the affected mailbox to private notes in your community profile. The one our system is showing you registered with appears on neither the old nor migrated databases. I just want to check we have the correct email address. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes