cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

can you send a password recovery link for one of my mailboxes?

davethurston
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 36 of 36

password has changed on one of my mailboxes.

but i can't use the password recovery link .

0 Likes
35 REPLIES 35

davethurston
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 36

Hi ady/gondola

Just managed to reset my password and get into the hacked mailbox.

Thanks for setting up the alternative login process.

Now just have to wade through 516 backdated emails...  

Such is life.

Many thanks again.

Message 2 of 36

Hi davethurston, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 36

I've pushed a follow-up note into TalkTalk's workflow about picking this topic up again.

Seems odd that the Complaints Case Manager hasn't got the password reset done and got you access to the email account. Was there a reason? e.g. Not being able to authenticate you as the registered email user? Something fundamental like lack of verification isn't going to be handled any differently. But fingers-crossed that it'll work out this time.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

davethurston
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 36

I understand my compaint with TalkTalk, CMP-504663 (ET 465189) has now been officially closed.

The issue has still not been resolved - I still cannot access one of my mailboxes and I cannot reset the password.

Can I now again request the community to help me resolve the probem, now that TT are no longer involved?

Please.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 36

Your assigned Complaints Case Manager has to be the one to make the request to TalkTalk Support. This is because you made a formal complaint. Nobody can intervene in any way with the Case Manager's resolution to your complaint. If the issue isn't resolved in 8 weeks then you have a right after 8 weeks, but not before unless you get a deadlock letter from your Case Manager, to present the case to CISAS to independently review your complaint.

davethurston
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 36

OFFICIAL COMPLAINT  cmp 504663 ET 465189

can community please help.

I KNOW THE COMPLAINTS PEOPLE ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT BUT THEY WILL NOT LISTEN.

i have had two emails from complaints department, each one taking  a week to arrive. 

each time they say just follow the standard procedure.

i have explained so many times that i cannot access the recovery email addresses..

i have sent 5 emails to my complaint manager. all have been ignored.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP.

IT HAS BEEN OVER TWO WEEKS NOW WITH HACKED EMAIL ACCOUNT.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 36

OK, so that's clear that a Complaints Case Manager has already been appointed. Resolution via this Community will not proceed as your Complaints Case Manager is your single point of contact for resolving the issue.

0 Likes

davethurston
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 36

redacted so does it get through?

Dear ...........

My name is ***** and my role is to help resolve your complaint as quickly as possible. I am writing to keep you updated on the progress of your complaint with us. I have conducted an investigation on your account and I can see that you have an issue with the email and we have submitted an form in order to receive the recovery email. 

In that case, can you please confirm if you have received the recovery email and if you have access on your email?

Please reply on this email, I will also arrange to follow up with you in 5 working days, should I not hear back from you by then I will go ahead and close this complaint with us. 

If you have any further issues or require any further support from Talk talk please contact us.

I’d also like to take this opportunity to thank you for being a Talk Talk customer.

Kind regards,

Case Manager
Talk Talk

0 Likes

Message 9 of 36

I don't know where you "enclosed the whole contents of the email" so let's assume that is in your Community profile that I have no access to but Ady does. I am an independent volunteer to the TalkTalk Community and have no access to the personal data of other customers. The Community Notifications  email address doesn't accept replies. Notifications are outgoing only from Community to its members.

Please don't PM me non-redacted emails as I don't want the responsibility of dealing with the disclosure of personal data. 

What I asked for here, in the public forum, was what TalkTalk Complaints Department are doing for you.  This is simply so we know that 'Complaints' are taking the lead on fixing your mailbox access.

0 Likes

davethurston
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 36

twice now I have tried to forward the contents of the email to you. each time it seems to have been suppressed.

i'll try and send a pm?

0 Likes

davethurston
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 36

i enclosed the whole contents of the email.

other than replying to say that 'NO, THE PROBLEM WAS NOT RESOLVED' there has been no other communication.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 36

... But what was the gist of the email message from the TalkTalk Complaints Department? What are they doing for you?

0 Likes

davethurston
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 36

Process;
last weekend, after over two hours online, over two separate occasions, to 'chat', and getting no promise of someone doing something, I said yes, I wish to complain.
The agent at the end of the call said I will transfer you now to complaints dept.
After waiting on line for over twenty minutes and getting no response I gave up assuming the line had been dropped.
I presumed that no complaint had been logged.
That was when I decided to try and get help through the community.
Until today, I didnt know a complaint had been logged.
In that TT control the email filtering process, perhaps it would be a good idea for them to treat emails from TT themselves as not spam.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 36

So now you're saying that there's an official complaint in process? That totally overrides the help that Ady was giving as Ady would be instructed by the TalkTalk complaints process to step back and do nothing until instructed by the TalkTalk Complaints Manager that would be assigned to your case.  The process for recovering access to a hacked email account is straightforward but involving complaints management to resolve this is sure going to slow things down.

I cannot comment about the mail message being tagged as Spam without seeing the email header and seeing who it was from and what sending authentication it had. Mail does get picked up as a potential scam / phishing exploit when mentioning keywords like "password" in the body content.

But what was the gist of the email message from the TalkTalk Complaints Department? What are they doing for you?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 36

isn't it ironic that TT sent an email on Friday from their complaints department , trying to reset pwd but it gets consigned without warning to my spam folder.
But the spam folder is set at it's default setting with no rules or allow or block addresses defined.
TT decide that their own email fails their own default spam setting...

And i never use the spam folder and so never look at it.....

0 Likes

Message 16 of 36

Hi davethurston 

I understand the frustration that TalkTalk haven't yet set up your Reset details in place of those set by the hacker. But we're not going round in circles as TalkTalk is having to abide by Data Protection guidance that means the process is:

1. You get verified as the registered user
    Your answers to the security questions are compared to what TalkTalk has on file for the registered user of the email address
  2. If your answers are all correct then TalkTalk will secure the email account and set up your Reset details
    Then you can access the account by going through the Forgot my password process
  3. If your answers are not all correct then there's one more chance only to answer a different set of security questions

0 Likes

Message 17 of 36

thanks.

as mentioned, my mailbox email and its alternate recovery email address are both compromised.

DON'T send reset details to c......h@talktalk.net or ....h17@outlook.com - both are now controlled by hacker.

And there doesn't seem to be a mobile number recorded for the compromised mailbox.

However, you can send reset details to my main email (account) address or even reset the acct for me using my main address.

Or maybe you can send 6 digit code to MY mobile number - see account for details.

hopefully this will stop us all going around in circles again and again.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 36

I will certainly ask for this topic to be picked up from Monday onwards.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 36

hi gondola

as explained, i've responded to pm. i presume it verified my account but i have had no response confirming that from ady.

as also explained, the alternate email address has been relaced by the hackers email address and there is no mobile telephone number recorded to receive a 6 digit code.

i have tried the pwd reset journey many times but the only alternate email address for recovery is the hackers.

I confirm that the pwd recovery is NOT set up.

Please escalte urgently.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 36

Assuming Ady verified your personal details on Wednesday then by Friday I'd have expected Password Recovery to be reset with your alternative email address and mobile phone number. Then you can get a link sent to your alternate email address or mobile.

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If you recognise the alternate email address and or mobile from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Let us know if the password reset and recovery is not yet set up for you and I'll push a reminder into the TalkTalk workflow for Ady to pick up.

0 Likes