cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cannot send emails on webmail

paja32
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

ok first thing this morning  but around mid morning getting error TT608

does my mail box need you to reset it please??  whats caused this to happen

receiving emails ok

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

OK, that does feel like it's a false positive which is comforting.

If the TT608 stop on sending does happen again then it'll be something like making a connection from work at the same time as leaving a home connection active or using a mobile via a VPN etc. It's multiple concurrent connections to your mailbox from geographically distanced access points that the TalkTalk system picks up on.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

paja32
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Thanks very much gondola. It's my fault then as I have overused it today from various devices. 

Message 3 of 5

Hopefully it will stay good. But just to let you know that the error 554 5.2.0 Sender Denied (TT608) 554 is a transaction failed error because TT608 means there are concurrent logins to your mailbox detected from multiple geographically distanced locations. It's a spam protection measure because the TalkTalk system thinks your mailbox may be compromised.

Use of an overseas hosted VPN server at the same time as a direct connection to the mail server could cause this as a false positive. A compromised password could be the worst case scenario.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

paja32
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

just managed to finally send an email from webmail at 1400 hours     hope it continues with a normal service  from now on 

0 Likes