cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

dsl.pipex.com email account - No access via IMAP

LIZHELMAN
Participant
Private Message
Private Message

Message 16 of 16

Hello Gondola. I have the same issue as per the above. I read your other message about Talk Talk Support being able to restore the email next week to email clients no longer supported. I have Mac Mail etc.  May I also ask you to add me to the list please next week for restoration?  Attached is what I have changed but unable to verify at the moment. Many thanks.

Moderator note:  image removed.

LH
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Allow 2 full working days please. Friday 3rd and Monday 6th March. Come back on Tuesday 7th to let us know that your mailbox is fully functional or not.

Until then please use webmail to stay in touch with your friends.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 16

Hello! I am still unable to access my Mac Mail for my dsl.pipex. account.  48 hours has elapsed, so please see the attached. Any ideas support when this will be resolved? Many thanks, again!

screengrab 4-3-23screengrab 4-3-23

LH
0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Many thanks, and will do. LH

LH

Message 4 of 16

Hi LIZHELMAN, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 16

Hi LIZHELMAN, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 16

Hello Support. I am unable to gain access to my Mac Mail via the IMAP settings which I have tried to update. I am unable to verify the settings. Please can you restore access? Here is a screen grab. Many thanks.screengrabscreengrab

LH

Message 7 of 16

Hello there Ady. As per my message. I dont see how to add a new topic to the forum so I am coming onto this. I have a dsl.pipex.com account running on Mac Mail. I have tried to update the settings to the IMAP protocols etc but I am unable to verify the settings. Please may I ask you to reconnect...Please find relevant screebgrab. Thanks.screen grab Mac Mailscreen grab Mac Mail

LH

Message 8 of 16

You'll be a couple of days still using webmail. I've pushed a reminder into Ady's workflow.

Message 9 of 16

Hello Gondola. Any idea if Talk Talk support are now aware of the settings issue etc, and when access is likely to be restored? Im really just checking in for progress. Many thanks.

LH

Message 10 of 16

I moved the image to your Community profile Hidden images folder so you still had access to it but it would not be seen by any other member.

No need to repost at all. It showed a perfect setup and that's all that matters for your mail access when TalkTalk restore access for you.

LIZHELMAN
Participant
Private Message
Message 11 of 16

Fantastic! I actually deleted the image from wherever it was moved to. Hope that is OK, if not will repost. Look forward to next week! Best LH

LH

Message 12 of 16

Perfect. Both Mac PC's support secure mail and the settings you showed in the first screenshot image showed a spot on correct setup. The PC's will authenticate the password as soon as TalkTalk restore device access.

I've requested that full access is restored. Just a heads up that TalkTalk Support will reply right here next week and access will be back within a couple of days after that. Until then use webmail to keep in touch.

LIZHELMAN
Participant
Private Message
Message 13 of 16

screengrab

LH
0 Likes

LIZHELMAN
Participant
Private Message
Message 14 of 16

Hello Gondola. I can confirm it is just for my Mac Mail, but I link it for use on my iPhone. This isnt crucial tho. I have a iMac running Catalina + a Mac Book Pro running High Sierra. For various reasons I wont update the machines because of various music software I run with them. I hope this helps. I am still not sure where I need to add the other info that you need. Is it on my community page? Please advise. And please do add me to that list. Many thanks again for your help. LH

LH
0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

Hi LIZHELMAN 

I've removed the screenshot for your security as it was revealing your email address. The email address needs to go into your Community profile only so TalkTalk know who you are and what your email address is. You've not yet updated the Community profile settings.

If you saw the message from TalkTalk advising "Our records show that you are still accessing your email using unencrypted email settings, because of this you will no longer be able to receive or send emails via this email app or software" then the email address receiving that notification has been limited to webmail only access as a last resort action by TalkTalk to stop the use of insecure email.

TalkTalk Mail webmail is secure by design using an up to date Internet browser.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

You will be able to get email access restored to email apps or software including mail collection services so long as you're ready to use up to date and secure email settings for all the ways you view emails. We can advise on device and software compatibility and provide customer setup guides. Just let us know each mail collection service, each device, its operating system and email software including version that are in current use.

The email settings look OK for the MacMail app IMAP email account so just confirm, in a reply here, the Operating system of MacMail and that there are no other devices that connect to your TalkTalk mailbox other than webmail that's secure by design.

For a definitive check of settings take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the Camera icon (desktop browser) or Picture icon (mobile browser) above this reply area.

When you confirm the secure settings are ready I can request TalkTalk Support to restore full access. TalkTalk Support will respond here and access will be restored usually within a couple of working days.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Email account holder name

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address(es)
and TalkTalk or MailPlus customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

0 Likes