cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

my ebay messages being spammed by talktalk server

Toucan
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Hi...

my incoming ebay messages being spammed by talktalk server? Why?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Toucan
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

Think I found the issue..... ok... i have been checking out my 'rules' and i have many many rules... eventually i came across a rule where I had selected several spams together and created a single rule to send straight to trash.

On examining one of these rules, I clicked on edit and there it was.... in the cluster of spams inside that rule was a genuine email from ebay that i must have included by accident.  So I have now deleted that rule and I am just waiting now to see if that will rectify my problem,  just have to wait till I buy something first!

Thanks for your helpful input.... if this doesn't work, then I'll be back!

Message 2 of 5

Ah, I see what you mean by "spamming"... What you should find out is why the email ends up in the Spam folder.

There are two reasons for this:

1. You have a Rule operating in your mailbox to move mail from the sender to the Spam folder
  2. The mail arrives tagged as spam OR is not fully authenticated and the sending mail address has a DMARC policy to quarantine mail that does not pass the authentication checks

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Select the New email button, or pencil icon if using a mobile browser, to compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule that's diverting mail to Spam

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header
  • Select All settings, or if using a mobile browser it's Menu then the cog icon for Settings
  • Select Mail and scroll down to Rules
    Select the chevron icon > to see all defined Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the X icon to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red  X
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

To check the sending email address and the results of the SPF, DKIM and DMARC checks and X-SPAM tagging you'll need to select the mail message and then via the email detail view More Actions ellipsis icon (triple dots) select the View Source menu item to see the email header.  I'd need to see that header to comment further.

Best to redact your own email address from the header if you either post here or PM the header to me.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 5

Hi Gondola....

to explain in more detail....

I purchased an item from ebay, paid by paypal... then I get confirmation from paypal money paid out,  BUT the email from ebay showing 'Order confirmed' was sent direct to TalkTalk Spam box, which means I did not receive this ebay order confirmation email in my mail box on my Ipad.

I had to logon to TalkTalk Mail server to find it there, then click on 'Not spam' so that I could then download email to my inbox on my Ipad. sometimes I just don't bother unspaming, unless the item was for more than twenty quid.

This has been going on for couple of years now, and tried to use on line chat to talktalk to try resolve it, but to no avail..... so I'm now trying this forum, belatedly......

regards

Toucan

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

There's a new wave of spam from North America that spoofs the recipient email address. So quite possibly you're getting spam content purporting to be from ebay that appears as though you sent it to yourself.

There's a help content link below that explains more about email spoofing.

But if I haven't understood quite what you're describing then have another go with a bit more detail.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help
Using TalkTalk Mail

Compromised or spoofed accounts

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes