email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

talktalk email keeps crashing with message aw snap, and have to reload page

JJ2020
Chatterbox
Message 35 of 35

talktalk email keeps crashing with message aw snap, and have to reload page. Anyone else having this problem?

34 REPLIES 34

mickking
Popular Poster
Message 21 of 35

Seems worse than ever today - has dropped out 5 times already!

mickking
Popular Poster
Message 22 of 35

Seems worse than ever today - has dropped out 5 times already!

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 23 of 35

I've sent a chaser asking for updates. I'll post back when I know more. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 24 of 35

Hi mickking 

If you block advertising using an ad-blocker your browser is not going to be affected. Or use an email client or email app. 

TalkTalk do have this logged as an incident.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

mickking
Popular Poster
Message 25 of 35

I am also getting the "Aw snap" error message several times daily over the last few days, and an "out of memory" message.

Message 26 of 35

Hi stuartrees01, this is in the process of being investigated. The networks team will provide updates in due course and I'll post them to let you know what's going on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 27 of 35

Hi stuartrees01 

If you block advertising using an ad-blocker your browser is not going to be affected. Or use an email client or email app. 

TalkTalk do have this logged as an incident.

stuartrees01
Popular Poster
Message 28 of 35

Still frustratingly happening, no chance of using email for any length of time before "aw samp" crash on Chrome.
Seemingly a similar problem using Edge, happening for me on TalkTalk Webmail only - idea what is happening behind the scenes to cause this.
No issues with other web accesses using chrome.

James Stuart Rees
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 29 of 35

Thanks for letting us know. 

Ady

0 Likes

td123
Whizz Kid
Message 30 of 35

@Ady-TalkTalk @Gondola 

I use the chrome-based Edge and am still experiencing crashes, although less frequent than a few days ago.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 31 of 35

I'm testing it on EDGE and Chrome all still working. I'll reopen the incident. 

Ady

Message 32 of 35

Hi Ady-TalkTalk 

Chrome crash still present (9.30 this morning). The console indicates the exact same point every crash. I expect Edge will fail although not tested this morning.

Out of memory error whilst on the TalkTalk Mail desktop compose screen and when video advertising from AdvertServe is running on the skyscraper panel.

TalkTalk Mail 7.8.4-65

Chrome Version 95.0.4638.69 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Chrome Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows Version 10.0.19042

No crash when using Firefox. No crash when using Android.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 33 of 35

Hi all, I reported this yesterday. I'm unable to replicate this today although I was yesterday. Is anyone still getting issues?

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Message 34 of 35

Hi JJ2020 

You're not alone.

On 12 November 2021 I replicated a crash issue with Windows 10 Edge browser (based on Chrome) Version 95.0.1020.53, using TalkTalk Mail, that failed with an out of memory error whilst on the TalkTalk Mail compose screen and when video advertising was running on the skyscraper panel.  I've since replicated using the latest Chrome build and seen the aw snap error.

I've not (yet) seen a fail using the Firefox browser nor a fail with any browser when using an ad-blocker to suppress the advertising. My pragmatic advice is therefore to use an ad-blocker extension or add on. Alternatively, as another workaround so long as your mailbox isn't limited to webmail only access, use an email client or email app software. You'll not see the advertising accompanying TalkTalk Mail.

The browser crash fail has been reported to TalkTalk.