cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband dropping connection

chrisncc1701
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 16

Hi, I have a continuing problem of loosing connection, openreach have been and said there was a line fault and supposedly been rectified, I have contacted talktalk support and gone through the usual checks again, master socket 5C MK4, turn router off etc, they said they had loaded some software on the router, turned it off for 20 minutes (DG8041W), Still dropping out yesterday afternoon and most of the evening, I gave the talktalk agent the times etc, the router flashes amber when connection drops, when I try to log on to talktalk to test, I just get my fault report and it says they may be a problem? The agent say's it will be ok, it's definitely not! Any help would be appreciated 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi chrisncc1701

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

The WIFI optimisation should now remain off (unless the router is factory reset - pin hole reset)

Debbie

0 Likes

chrisncc1701
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 16

Hello, it's all working ok now the optimisation has been turned off, will it remain off if the router receives an update?

Message 3 of 16

Hi chris,

Please let us know how your connection compares 🙂

Michelle

chrisncc1701
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 16

Thank you 👍🙂

Message 5 of 16

Hi chrisncc1701

Apologies. I've now switched the WIFI optimisation off so it should now remain on your chosen WIFI channel.

Thanks

0 Likes

chrisncc1701
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 16

Hello. I think it is going to be ok, broadband doesn't drop any more. But the problem now is, I manually change WiFi channels to avoid neighbours WiFi and congestion, then it's fine, but the router changes channels after some time to unusable ones with interference?

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16
0 Likes

chrisncc1701
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 16

Thank you, I will 

Message 9 of 16

Hi chrisncc1701

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Debbie

0 Likes

chrisncc1701
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 16

Yes that would be fine, thank you, I'll send the other back 

Message 11 of 16

Hi chrisncc1701

I'm really sorry about this.

I will need to send a different make and model of router to resolve this issue (Sagemcom WIFI hub) Are you happy for me to arrange this?

0 Likes

chrisncc1701
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 16

Ok. Thank you, I'll wait and see what happens 👍

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 16

Firmware V1.08 is very unstable. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and decide the best way forward.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

chrisncc1701
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 16

Hi, it says hardware version I.1.01 and software version v1.08t

Device version DG8041W-2.T5

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 16

What firmware is on the DG8041W?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes