cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Can't connect to VPN

paulmathieson29
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I have repeatedly tried to get help from Talk Talk on this issue but they have been no help whatsover. I have phoned and used the chat and no one has been able to help. I am unable to connect to my VPN and my IT department have advised that Talk Talk are blocking the VPN connection. Please can you advise how this can be unblocked so that I am able to access my work VPN. My IT department have advised that the the PPTP needs to be enabled so that I am able to connect. 

I need to urgently access my work VPN and no one at Talk Talk seems to know how to do this.

Thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Paul

I'm glad to hear that this is now working, thanks for letting me know.

Apologies for the issues you experienced when first reporting this issue, I will feed this back.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Thanks for your advice, talktalk did get back to me and they`ve fixed it. Basically the telephone support for sorting out VPN is very frustrating. Use the Community forum to post a problem and you stand a better chance to get it sorted

Message 3 of 6

Hi Debbie,

Thanks that has worked. I wasted a whole afternoon yesterday trying to get some help from the online chat and then the telephone support. Nobody seemed to know what to do or able to offer a solution. It`s very frustrating dealing with talktalk these days as reflected in the really poor customer reviews. Maybe you can pass this onto someone who might care about this. Again, thanks for the fix. In future I will just use the community support.

Cheers

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 6

Hi Paul

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest?

Thanks

Debbie

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

@paulmathieson29, I've moved your duplicate post out of the way. 

Please follow up on this thread. 

Add your Talktalk phone number  / account number to your community forum profile details for TT staff to identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Leave your router on unless staff tell you otherwise. They will be back on here from early in the morning. 

Look out for their response during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.