cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Router firmware version

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

I notice from other threads that there is a more recent firmware for the FAST 5364 router than the SG4K100136 version installed in my router. If it is a simple and harmless process to update my firmware, I'd be happy for that to happen.

What benefits are there to a firmware upgrade?

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9
0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Looks good. Thank you.

Now surfing from a Dell Inspiron 3881 running Windows 11 and a Qualcomm QCA9377 Wireless Network Adapter with Sagemcom FAST 5364 router.

Message 3 of 9

Morning jbuchanangb

Your router firmware has now been updated to version 158.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Morning jbuchanangb

I will update the router firmware and I'll post back here to confirm once the update has completed.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

I am not experiencing any problems, just noticed that a new version of firmware is available. I always leave the router on, so you can update it whenever you like, or leave it until it is due in the normal scheme of things.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi jbuchanangb

Sorry for the delay. I can update your router firmware this morning, will this be ok?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW.

This firmware version has a fix for the VPN issues.

0 Likes

jbuchanangb
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

I am a great believer in the mantra "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", so I'm quite happy for the normal roll-out to reach me in due course.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi @jbuchanangb,

Your router will automatically upgrade when the newer version is released to a wider group of customers.

If you have no problems with your connection then there is probably very little benefit from having the upgrade, SG4K100136 did have some issues with VPN connectivity that have likely been addressed in the newer version, but if you are not experiencing issues with VPN connectivity then that won't matter to you.

The support team here will be back on Monday, and may be able to arrange for a newer version to be pushed to your router, but unless you have a specific reason for wanting a newer version it may just be better to wait until your router picks it up automatically overnight at some point in the future.