cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Chronic dropping fibre connection

subzero
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Hello, this is a long standing issue (since the end of last year) that has been troubling us.

A couple of times a day (sometimes more, sometimes less, it appears quite random) our fibre connection drops. The router light goes from solid blue to flashing orange. After about 3-4 minutes the connection automatically reconnects. To be clear this is not a wifi issue as my desktop, which is connected directly to the router via an ethernet cable, also loses connection.

Things I have tried to resolve this:

- Plugged into the test socket, to rule out that it is a problem with the house wiring: still happens. I'm fairly certain that this is an issue with the infrastructure outside our house.

- Restarted the router multiple times, switching off for 30 minutes: still happens.

We have just been migrated from Shell to Talktalk last month, and I was hoping that the issue might be fixed when we moved to talktalk, but alas no it's the same.

I chatted with onlince support yesterday but they weren't very helpful, kept suggesting it was a wifi signal issue and giving me advice that I'd already followed.

Note: We did troubleshoot this with Shell several months ago. An engineer  home visit was scheduled but the engineer never showed. Upon contacting Shell, they told me that  the engineer claimed to have spoken to me and that the issue was fixed (this did not happen, we had no calls/visist/contact from an open reach engineer). After this, the frequency of the drop outs did decreased but it continued to occur at least several times a week. Now it is happening several times a day.

Any help/assistance would be very much appreciated!

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hello again,

I'm glad to hear that and hopefully the engineer can get to the bottom of this fault for you.

Thanks

Michelle 🙂

Message 2 of 8

Thank you, the chat function wasn't working this morning, but when it came back I chatted with someone who was much more helpful.

They ran a test that has detected a fault and have requested an engineer to look into it. Fingers crossed that it can be resolved!

Message 3 of 8

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that. I'd recommend contacting the team again if the connection is still unstable as they will need to investigate this further.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Yesterday. They opened a case but it's now saying "Your fault has been fixed" and the status is "closed" (see below)

We’ve opened a case

Updated: 12:26 on 05/09/2024

We’ve opened a repair case to investigate any potential issue with your connection.

We’re looking into it and should have an update in the next 5 minutes.

Come back to this timeline to see all future updates on your case.

About your case

Description

Your fault has been fixed

Status
Closed
Date reported

05/09/2024

Reference number

REP-14716620

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hello,

Unfortunately we are unable to look into this via the Community as we've been advised that the dedicated team should be able to help. When did you last contact the team?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

subzero
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Thankyou for the response but I've spoken to the migration team on chat and they weren't helpful at all.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Start by speaking to the Shell Migration team, @subzero, as they are dealing with legacy issues.

03451 720088 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes