cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Convention/dropped packets. Not my equipments.

Magicukgs
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

IMG_8125.png

IMG_8126.png

I’ve been with talk talk for 4 years and have always had a great and replaceable connection. I use a openreach hg612 in modem mode with my own router and mesh wifi. I’ve checked all devices wifi and wired and get the same.  I’ve changed the dsl filter to see if that made a difference.  Over the years I’ve always had beweeen 55mbs/68bms down and 17mbs plus upload (even full 20mb sync). I am not uploading anything to saturate the upload but am getting red on my broadband monitor so I know it’s an external issue.  Could someone please look into this and let me know if there is an issue with my port at the cabinet or errors on my line.  The sync on upload is now 13mbs but also streaming and online gaming are moment is stop start all the time when dropping packets. Today it’s been fine.  Please help. 

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

right I’ve switch to my talk talk router. All connected 61mbs sync but upload has dropped again to 12. Use to get 20mbs so as a guess I would assume there is an issue there. Let’s observe for 48 hours. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

Ok, we'll check back in with you in 48hrs to see how you're getting on.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Magicukgs
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 23

No I have one. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

Hi,

Can I just confirm, is that a yes to us sending the replacement router?

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Will plug in just to follow the script. Pretty certain this is an external issue still. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Hi,

As our Network Team have checked and can't see any issues, would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how this compares and to rule this out?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Magicukgs
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 23

Could you explain the dropped packets. 

IMG_8263.png
0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hello again,

Our Network Team have checked this and advised that everything looks fine from our side and that we can't see any issues. Could you monitor the connection for a few days please.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Ok thanks. The team are checking for any potential network congestion issues so I'll let you know what they come back with.

Michelle

0 Likes

Magicukgs
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 23

Have unplugged my dsl modem and plugged back in. New IP 92.29.100.150. Will observe ping monitor. I would today was the longest sustained issue. A good 30 mins of everything failing. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

Hello,

Thank you. I've asked our Network Team now and will post back as soon as I have an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Magicukgs
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 23

As ya can. No loss of sync but huge amount of dropped packets and while streaming content stop starting over and over again. 

IMG_8262.png
0 Likes

Magicukgs
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 23

I’ve messaged you. This morning while streaming stop starting. Ping monitor showing red and internet falling over again. It’s getting silly now and no one seems to be listening. I would like it sorted if not I may have to try another provider which is a shame after 4 years. 🙁

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. I've run a test on the line now which is clear. Could you run a wired ping and trace route when your connection is ok and then run another wired ping and trace route when this issue occurs and we can ask our Network Team to take a look. Please can you send the results to me via a Private Message.

Run a Ping or Traceroute - TalkTalk Help & Support

Thanks

Michelle

Message 15 of 23

This is wired connection. When I do a speed test I get the 55mbs though port but yesterday my phone kept being so slow so used my 4g. My kids were playing Xbox and they said it was very jumpy. It wasn’t anything internal. As ya can see on the ping monitor the external network suffered contention. Could this be escalated.l to find out what’s going on. I’ve been with talk talk for many years and have never experience this so assume it’s a local exchange issue or cabinet issue. If it starts happening at 6pm again then I’d assume it’s only happening in peak time. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Can I just confirm, are you connected wired or wireless when this happens please? If you run a speed test at this time what throughput speeds are you seeing please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Magicukgs
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 23

Also I’ve unplugged my DSL modem and still have same IP. Seems like it’s been attrocious for last few hours. If not improved in another week would it be possible to leave and look elsewhere.  Loyal customer for 4 years but everytime

i talk to chat they just try blame my equipment. 

IMG_8231.png
0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Could you investigate if a contention issue in my area. Just hit peak and getting red again. Seems strange. Sync is fine. 

IMG_8224.png
0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that your connection is now working ok.

Michelle

0 Likes

Magicukgs
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 23

The whole road was having issues. People all lost sync about 11am yesterday and all back up half an hour later. Seems like it was a cabinet issue. I’m connected and gone to 62mbs and 17mbs upload so all sorted in the end. 

IMG_8212.png
0 Likes