cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Do I really need the 4k hub?

HappyChris
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

My contract will soon be up and I need to rethink my options. Do I need to stay on TalkTalk -currently Fibre and little chance of seeing Full Fibre at my address - our move to, say, Zen?  (‘Which?’ liked them)

If I stay with TT, is there any point in paying for the 4k box given my smart LG TV? What would I lose if I saved £5 and ditched it? Most of our viewing is Netflix and iPlayer type stuff. I haven’t checked whether Free View does 4K transmissions.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

If your smart TV has access to the usual apps such as Netflix, Now TV, disney etc, then you can use the smart TV.  The TV HUB is android based and does have access to the play store to add some apps and games etc, but if your TV has access to all the apps you need, then you can stick with this.

As for other providers, this all depends on your needs for a connection.  You can always shop around, look at what prices others are offering in your area, then give TalkTalk a call and see what they can offer to compete.  Remember, when you call, be patient and polite, but negotiate, ask what the best offer is that they can make to keep you as a customer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

HappyChris
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Thanks, Karl, I am trying to exercise that choice by attempting to understand the relative merits of getting TV via the hub and just relying on free view. Being a staff member, I don’t expect that you are in a position to answer the alternative supplier part of the question!

The downside of using the 4K box is that my newish LG TV has a less confusing menu system than the box has. What will I lose if I drop it?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi

You do not have to take TalkTalk TV, that is your choice when you renew your contract.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes