cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Dropouts

MelC1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 47

Hi,

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve been experiencing occasional brief broadband dropouts.  The Sagemcom router light flashes orange, but then restores itself about a minute later.

I ran a connection test via your website, and it identified a fault between my home and the exchange stating an engineer would investigate.  This was apparently fixed on 31st Oct but the issue remains.  I since ran another connection test, and it stated “Radio interference is impacting Broadband”.  However, I didn’t think household interference could affect the broadband signal to the router itself, but happy to be corrected.  Last two dropouts were 2nd Nov around 8pm, and 5th Nov 8am.

Just to confirm:

There’s been no change in my internal setup recently.

We just have the 1 telephone socket in the house.

I’ve tried with 2 different routers, associated cables and filters.

Connected to test socket (and always has been)

Dial tone on phone seems ok

Issue affects both wired and wireless networks.

Current measured speed is somewhat slower than the guaranteed minimum.

Any help you can give to resolve would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46

Message 1 of 47

Hi Mel

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I have checked the engineers notes and they advised that the fault was with - In Joint AreaCable (Underground)

There will be no charge for this.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

MelC1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 47

Hi Debbie,

All good.  Connection is now fast and stable.  The Engineer spent a couple of hours at the box at the end of the street and got it sorted.

Please can I confirm that as the issue was not within my property, I wont be charged for the engineers time?

Thanks for all your help.

Message 3 of 47

Hi Mel

How are you getting on following the engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 47
0 Likes

MelC1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 47

Thank you Chris

Message 6 of 47

Hi Mel,

I've booked the engineer for - November 22 2023, AM - please let us know how you get on

Chris

MelC1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 47

Hi Debbie,

Wednesday or Friday please.  Don't mind whether AM or PM.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 47

Hi Mel

Thanks for your reply.

The same line fault has been detected. Openreach are asking for us to arrange a visit to the property.

Would you like me to arrange this visit? Please can you provide your availability AM and PM?

0 Likes

MelC1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 47

Hi,

I have now connected to test socket.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 47

Hi,

Ok, would it be possible to connect the router back at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again in this set up please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

MelC1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 47

Hi.

No.  The Openreach Engineer replaced the faceplate at his last visit, and connected it up normally.  It's been left like that ever since.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 12 of 47

Morning,

Thanks for the update. Can I just confirm, is the router still connected at the test socket behind the faceplate at the moment?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

MelC1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 47

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for the update.  I haven't noticed any dropouts recently.  Speed seems to fluctuate somewhat, but it is working ok.

If you're seeing a potential fault towards the property, will you be asking Openreach to look into again ?

When the issue started a few weeks ago, dropouts were frequent and the weather was very wet.  Not sure if that is just coincidence or has any relevance?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 47

Morning Mel,

I've re-checked the connection stats and I can see that the sync speed has increased, however the line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property. How is your connection at the moment please?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 47

Hi again,

Ok, thank you. I'll post back on Monday with an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

MelC1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 47

Hi Michelle,

I wondered whether you were running a test, as the connection was lost a few moments ago, just after my previous post.  Yes it's fine for you to monitor and post an update on Monday.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 47

Hi Mel,

Thanks for the update. I've checked your connection stats now and I can see that the connection is still stabilising so it might be a few days before DLM starts to increase the speed again. Would it be ok if we check this again on Monday and post a further update then?

Thanks

Michelle

MelC1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 47

Hi Michelle,

The stability of the connection has been fine these last few days thanks.   I think the overall speed is currently below the quoted minimum, but the broadband is working consistently, which was the main issue that needed resolving.

Thanks

Message 19 of 47

Morning Mel,

Just checking back in to see how you've found the connection over the last few days?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 20 of 47

Hi Mel

The line optimisation has made a profile change each day over the last 3 days, with the most recent change at 02:15 this morning, let us know later today if you have seen improvements in stability.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes