cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Eero router-problem getting my devices to connect

Musicmadsash
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 50

Good evening, I think I have made a mistake with getting the new eero router. I am getting big problems not being able to get a number of my home devices to connect to the WiFi. I have tried to use the legacy mode and turning off 5ghz.. This is a nightmare. I have an old laptop 15 years plus that connected no problem. I think I need to go back to the old talktalk router. Will talktalk supply me with that?.. I also wish to make it clear that talktalk should highlight this when people are going to purchase the new eero router.. Very  unhappy customer.

Many thanks

S.ashford

49 REPLIES 49

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 41 of 50

One thing that I would say is that the Eero is designed to be used as a Mesh network, not via Wi-Fi extenders. Depending on the type of unit, these can make things worse If any stage of their connection process requires WPS, that will fail as the Eero does not support that. The correct way to extend a mesh network is via extra mesh units (more Eeros). However, currently, I have no idea whether you will require extra ones or not.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 50

I will PM you a link for a guide of mine on Wi-Fi interference & initially look at the section called "Are you suffering from interference – prove it first". This section includes full details of Wi-Fi analysers that I recommend for Windows, Windows phone, Android and Apple operating systems. However, I have no way of testing the Apple product. Do not worry about interpreting the results, I will do that for you.

Please send the screenshots to me via a PM (to protect your privacy), that I have requested in my guide (no photos please they can be difficult to read as text can get out of focus when zoomed in), from the analyser you are using (also in my attached guide). Please ensure that the analyser window is maximised (if Windows) before taking the screenshots & upload them via the "Insert Photos" button (in a mobile browser it's the picture icon) on the post editor's toolbar with the Size parameter set to Large. If they are too small, I will not be able to read them & although I can enlarge them, this puts the text out of focus. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 43 of 50

Ok Keith.. my devices I am talking about are all within less than 3 m from my erro router. I have Alexa devices that are upstairs all connected. No problems. I have three devices that would not connect my Denon AV amp. My marantz Hi-Fi amp and yesterday I bought a brand new Wi-Fi extender and that will not connect still being the latest equipment. Please could you forward on the information for me to get what you require.

Many thanks

Simin

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 50

Hi @Musicmadsash 

Being a customer myself I cannot comment on TalkTalk policy. I am simply trying to help you.

Keith

Musicmadsash
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 45 of 50

No. i am not sure,but that is not the point why push new tec that could potentially affect people's devices. Yesterday I purchased a brand new Wi-Fi extender and I have the same problem with that it will not connect to my Wi-Fi. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 50

Hi @Musicmadsash 

@Michelle-TalkTalk has asked me to help you. As you have already tried enabling Legacy mode, you should be able to connect, but obviously you can't.

It would be useful to know the WiFi specifications of these devices, are you close to the Eero when you try to connect? If the WiFi password is getting corrupted, then it could be down to Wi-Fi interference.

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a byproduct of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Whilst the Eero is supposed to manage Wi-Fi interference, if this is very bad, particularly in the 2.4GHz band, then it cannot do anything about it, no router can. The same goes for any router at that point. Other things that may then need to be investigated are its location within your property and the WiFi bands that you use. It is possible that you may also need to purchase additional Eero nodes as it is supposed to operate as part of a mesh system. I can help with any of this. However, I would suggest that you follow my help to find out what the root cause of the problem is, before throwing money at it.

Keith

Message 47 of 50

Hello,

Thank you. Do you know if these devices are compatible with WI-FI 6 technology? Do these devices also have the latest software?

@KeithFrench - Do you have any additional suggestions please?

Thanks

Michelle

Musicmadsash
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 48 of 50

I have two devices.  My denon AVR-X2300W It just keeps telling me that the WiFi password is incorrect. And my second device is my WiFi extender. Edimax EW-7438AC this tells me that is connect because it cannot find the IP address from the router...  

Many thanks .
S ashford
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 49 of 50

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Which devices are you specifically unable to connect please? (make and model)

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes