cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Landline now not available after changeover to Fibre using a Grandstream DVA

Amaise
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Yesterday morning my phone/broadband line was changed over to Fibre.  The broadband went smoothly however now we do not have a usable landline despite connecting the phone to the Eero using the provided Grandstream DVA and connector.

I spent about three hours yesterday after the engineer left trying to sort it out on the TalkTalk chatline and another four hours today, without any success. On their instructions all the various switches were turned off and on again, plugs were unplugged and then plugged in, reset and waited. - several times with several different ‘engineers’. All to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions that the TT engineers may not have thought of PLEASE?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Amaise,

I'm glad to hear that that issue is now resolved, apologies for any inconvenience to your self and your Mother. Just let us know if you experience any further problems

Chris

0 Likes

Amaise
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Hi Chris

Well it has all been sorted by the engineers and the phone is now working fine. Apparently the fault on our line was what has been affecting about 800 lines.

We have been without a phone line for five days which has caused great difficulty  for our 95 year old mother who relies on calling us to let us know she is ok and in emergency situations. She finds it difficult to phone a long mobile number  - they haven’t been overly generous with compensation which works out at just £3.75 per day! Especially as I spent over seven hours on chatlines.

Many thanks Chris for your help.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

OK thanks Amaise, please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Chris 

Thanks for trying but we’ve retested and still the same.

We had a call back earlier from Becky and apparently they are aware that there is a problem affecting quite a few lines which the engineers were trying to resolve and that our line could be one.

We have now been advised that they will call us back tomorrow between 12 and 2pm.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

OK I've tried something, could you retest and let me know if you are still experiencing the same issue

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi Chris

Unfortunately no change.

Thank you for your reply over the weekend and we have tried numerous suggestions made by the Community without any success and the blue phone light is still not showing on the Grandstream. Calls into the line by mobile do not ring, just saying ‘call ended’. Calls made with the home phone have a regular continuous beep without connecting.

Our problem has been logged with TalkTalk and we have been advised that a TalkTalk fibre expert will call us with a solution within three working days.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi Amaise,

How are you getting on, are you still experiencing the same problem?

Chris

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Check through some of these search results, @Amaise:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=f...

Staff will not be back before Tuesday. 

Make sure that you have completed your community forum profile details for them to identify your account. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes