cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

FTTP installation delay ?

Piethorne
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Sometime last summer, I received emails and texts from TT saying Openreach would be in touch in the next "few weeks" to arrange for FTTP installation as part of the UK changeover from copper to fibre optic. Since then I've heard nothing, and assume there have simply been unforseen delays.

Out of curiosity more than anything else, is there a way of checking when Openreach will start work in my locale ?

(The infrastructure is already in place and FTTP is available)

I'm just a customer who might be able to help, not official help & support.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Piethorne
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 9

Thanks @Arne-TalkTalk,  at least the process is cleared up now.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Piethorne

So all the external work has been carried out in your area and FTTP is available to you now,  that process from last year where we pro actively contacted customers was stopped, based on feedback. 

So BT/Openreach wont be contacting you to arrange an install, unless you contact us, and go through some security questions ETC and place an order, until that happens you will remain on your current service.

Its your choice our number is  03451720088 

Sorry for any confusion. 

Piethorne
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

@Arne-TalkTalkWell, it's the end of Feb and nothing's changed, so I'll take you up on your offer 😁. No rush by the way, as this isn't a complaint, and I'm happy with the current service.. I know BT have to do the work eventually anyway, just curious a little curious about the timing. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Ok no problem,  I would have thought they would have contacted you by now, but if you haven't heard anything by the end of Feb. let us know and we will try to chase it up.

0 Likes

Piethorne
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 9

@KeithFrench, @Arne-TalkTalk Thanks for the help & replies.

@Arne-TalkTalk I've found the original email I received early last September. It seems that BT will be contacting me rather than TT. That being the case I'll let things unfold in their own time as I don't have any problems with the current setup, plus it's a freebie.

I've attached a pic and pdf if anyone is interested.

Full fibre upgradeFull fibre upgrade

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi Piethorne 

When i check your account FTTP packages are showing as available, call the loyalty team on 03451720088 They will be able to help.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused 

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Piethorne 

I will escalate this to TT for you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?