cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Eero router-problem getting my devices to connect

Musicmadsash
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 50 of 50

Good evening, I think I have made a mistake with getting the new eero router. I am getting big problems not being able to get a number of my home devices to connect to the WiFi. I have tried to use the legacy mode and turning off 5ghz.. This is a nightmare. I have an old laptop 15 years plus that connected no problem. I think I need to go back to the old talktalk router. Will talktalk supply me with that?.. I also wish to make it clear that talktalk should highlight this when people are going to purchase the new eero router.. Very  unhappy customer.

Many thanks

S.ashford

0 Likes
49 REPLIES 49

Message 1 of 50

Hi  Musicmandsash,

I've ordered the returns bag, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 50

Hi Michelle. I need to receive a router bag to send this eero.. 

Eero. Are making suggestions but we still don't have the problem solved. I am still not able to connect to my main network but it will connect to my guest network.. did you say friend

0 Likes

Message 3 of 50

Morning,

Ok thanks for the update. Did you receive a router returns bag? If not then we can send one. Have eero made any suggestions?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 50

Hi. 

I have managed to get my Denon Avr- X2300W to connect to the WiFi, but only thought my guest network. Well surely there is a issue. I have not tried the new router I have received. I really don't think this will help. So I am going to need to send this back to talk talk.. how will I need to go about this.. I am also in touch with erro now.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 50

Hi,

Ok, could you try the other eero when it comes please just to see if there is any change.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 50

Yes it is. For the life of me I am no able to get my Denon AV app to connect steel. That is the only thing in my house. It will not connect to the erro router.  But my phone hotspot no problem.. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 50

Hi,

Unfortunately not as we can only provide support via our Community. The replacement eero should hopefully improve your wireless performance. There is no charge for this.

Is it just the one device that is unable to connect at the moment?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 8 of 50

Hi Michelle.

Is there any way that I am able to have a phone conversation with you..

Because I  not requested the extra erro.  The one I have is fine but to me there look like we have a bug.  Last evening I used my mobile phone to create a hotspot and my Denon AV amp connected to that no problem. So there has to be issues with the erro settings or something I am not doing right?. Aslo I hope you are not going to charge me for this extra arrow because I have not requested this. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 50

Hi again,

We've sent another eero. Please let us know once you receive this and how the wireless connection compares.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 10 of 50

Hello,

We're currently looking into this and will post back shortly with an update.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 50

To add to my issue. To night I have tried to connect my AV app with a hotspot from my mobile phone and it connects first time so it's clearly the eero router causing the problem...

0 Likes

Message 12 of 50

If you go to 'settings' (in the eero app) then 'help' there should be an option to contact support.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 50

Ok chris.

so how do it go about this.i am sorry to say this but poor service for a big company like talk talk.. the eero router clearly has issues that people don't seem to understand.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 50

Hi Musicmadsash,

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing problems. Could you try contacting the eero support team via the app, they should be able to offer some assistance

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 50

I have and can! A single eero is like a single cornflake, no way is it a bowl of cereal!

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 50

Just wait until Monday for TalkTalk to comment, not having ever had an Eero I cannot say anything with any certainty.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 50

Ok. Thanks Keith. But my concerns are why I am not able to connect to my Wi-Fi. With this particular unit, lots of people are going to have the same issues. That means to me is not fit for purpose and there are still lots of bugs..

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 50

You most likely need the second Eero, I will ask TalkTalk about their policy on this. Wait until Monday now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 50

That's fine Keith. I fully understand what you are saying. But the issue I have is my AV app will not connect to the WiFi on my eero router. As you can see from the photos I have attached..  I never had this problem before so it has to be to my new erro router causing this problem. I now wish I never change from Plusnet. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 50

Personally, I would stick to an all Eero solution or an all Sagemcom solution, not a multi-vendor mesh network. I use the Sagemcom Mesh and am very impressed with it. I have never had the Eero & am learning a lot about it over the last few months.

Keith

0 Likes