cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Faulty Fast 5364-3 Router

Fingers
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 21

Sagemcom Fast 5364-3. T8 has stopped working, it fails to boot up, just get flashing amber light sequence which keeps repeating and never reaches solid white. Over the previous few days it was giving a lot of buffering but now has stopped functioning.

I have an old router (not TalkTalk) which I have connected instead and that works OK, which indicates the TalkTalk router must be faulty.

I can't manage to get in touch via phone or chat with TT so how do I get a replacement router?

0 Likes
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

I've ordered a returns bag, it should be with you within a couple of working days

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

Hi, I'm still waiting for the returns bag, has one been sent to me yet?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Good morning,

Ok, no problem.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

No, thanks, leave Wi-Fi settings as they are for now.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Hi Fingers

Apologies for the delay.

Would you like me to switch the WIFI optimisation off?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 21

You should never use 40MHz channel bandwidth in the 2.4GHz band, as it is counter-productive as it uses 9 out of the 11 channels.

I'll warn you of another you might come across, if you disable one or both WiFi bands, then the router will not recover from this correctly. The only way around this is to do a factory reset of the configuration.

Keith

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 7 of 21

You need to ask the support team to disable WiFi optimisation if you want your chosen channel selections to stick, just confirm in a response and they will do this for you when they are back online next week. 

0 Likes

Fingers
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 21

Are these bugs ones you have also discovered and highlighted to the developers, Keith?

SG4K100174 menu configurations which have been applied but revert to default on future logins:
1) 2.4GHz & 5Ghz Wi-Fi settings for auto channel selection do not remain on Auto.
2) 2.4GHz Wi-Fi setting for 40MHZ returns to 20 MHz.

It would also be good to have the option to save and restore settings like most other makes of router achieve.

0 Likes

Fingers
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 21

I eagerly await the improved version of software!

Although the current SG4K100174 version doesn't stop the router from working, you can't carry out any more actions and don't know if any changes made will be lost when the software freezes. At present it is best to carry out only one change at a time and then log out.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 21

There is a bug in V174 that I highlighted to the developers about the freezing UI. The internet or wi-fi disappear and connection lines are red not green and Status is 'Not Connected' is very minor but is again known about. I am waiting to test new firmware, whenever it is released. So long as it is working correctly, that is the main thing. 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 11 of 21

Thanks for the replacement router, but I haven't received a returns bag yet fo rthe old one.

Software problems with the new Router, worse than the old router, is there a cure?
The Router menu software frequently crashes or freezes after a few menu selections (using Firefox or Chrome).
Sometimes, according to the Router interface, internet or wi-fi disappear and connection lines are red not green and Status is 'Not Connected'. However, the Router is still working OK with white light showing, but the software settings menu has crashed or frozen; address bar may briefly display next selection made but reverts to the previous one. If the logout option still works, logging back in restores the situation. Configuration of some settings can get lost although applied, possibly happens when software crashes.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

No problem (I've ordered a returns bag to send the old router back in)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Thankyou for your assistance, I look forward to receiving the replacement.

What do I do with the faulty one, will you send a pack for me to return it, or should it just be scrapped?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of working days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

0 Likes

Fingers
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 21

Yes I still need a replacement for the faulty router.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

It did not appear to be possible to contact anyone over the Christmas period, but I gather that I may be lucky today, Wednesday 27th.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 17 of 21

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delay. Just to confirm, did you manage to get in touch with our Chat Team since your last post or do you still need us to send a replacement router for you?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 21

Hi @Gliwmaeden2 

Sorry I just used a macro, of course, you are correct. Thanks.

Keith

Message 19 of 21

The Call Centre is not open till Wednesday either:

20231222_205611.jpg

 Chat is available over the festive period, @Fingers :

20231222_210119.jpg

@Fingers, customer services tends to put a delivery charge on etc, whereas forum staff swap the routers free for testing purposes. 

Any redundant router would need to be returned in a returns bag which they can send out if not included in the box.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 20 of 21

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays (Wednesday now), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first.

Keith

0 Likes