cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Poor speed to devices on Fibre65

BevTalk62
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 39

Your TT engineer visited earlier attending a fault with very poor download speeds and intermittent connection. He replaced the master socket and informed me I had ‘bridge gap’ problems.  On leaving I asked about speeds and he said he tested the line and got approx 35mps. As I pay for Fibre65 I asked when and how close to this speed my line would improve.  He replied possibly a couple of weeks.  He also said if there were no improvements an engineer would have to manually reset? My line.

After he left l tried to check my connection status and my broadband speed using the options on the website, both return with error messages “we have encountered an issue” please try again later (for speed test)

and for my home connection , the message shown in the attached photo.

I assumed this would disappear after the visit, as these were the errors I had when reporting the fault last Friday. Upon checking the fault tracking has not yet altered, still showing open. When will this update?

Advice on a way forward, how long do I wait before getting back in touch?

BevTalk62_0-1701208207258.png

0 Likes
38 REPLIES 38

Message 1 of 39

Hi Bev,

That's great news, thanks for letting us know. 

Happy New Year 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 39

Then Openreach issue was resolved just before the Christmas break. They removed the work done outside, replaced the whole length of wire from pole to house entry box and so far all is good.  Thanks for the information and help with this matter, The community is a great place, lots of knowledge and clear information. Happy New Year 🥳 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 39
0 Likes

Message 4 of 39

Will do. I will keep checking. For your information I have logged a complaint with Openreach- so it’s just a waiting game now. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 39

Yes please just monitor in the meantime

The broadband issue should clear when the fault ticket auto closes. In the meantime just let us know if you think you have a fault with your service and we'll run a line test

Chris

Message 6 of 39

Thank you for the information, shall I just monitor the speed and connection here in the meantime?

is there any way to clear the “broadband issue” message which appears every time I check, as I really don’t know whether I have a fault or not? Very unsatisfactory method for a user to check, I am afraid.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 39

OK thanks. 

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the work carried out by the Openreach engineer, you are able to report this directly to Openreach here - Complaints policy | Openreach - they can then look into this for you

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 39

Morning.  No currently there are no obvious issues, phone ok and router on with download speed to iPad of approx 58mbs.  I am happy to watch that for a few days, as it does seem pretty consistent so far, despite the fault detected on the connection/speed test screen. I would really like to address the issue of the work done by Openreach as shown in my photos - how do we move that forward?  Before too much time has passed and this fault is closed and forgotten. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 39

Hi BevTalk62,

I've just run a line test, it hasn't picked up any faults and router is in sync at 64Mbps. Are you currently experiencing any problems with your service?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 39

Thanks for the feedback.  I realise there are no staff to answer over weekend, but I wanted to log my observations etc. in real time as a “paper trail” recording progress or lack of it in this matter.  Fingers crossed we can resolve this fairly soon.  It all feels like it’s a fine balancing act, of report fault, repair fault, we suspect an issue! Going round in a circle.

Message 11 of 39

Staff won't have picked up your posts from yesterday or today yet, @BevTalk62.

They respond during the day, Monday to Friday. 

You're right - leaving that unit in a gutter seems absolutely daft.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

BevTalk62
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 39

@Chris-TalkTalk My patience is wearing thin now. It’s 21.54 on Sunday evening. Last night I tracked the fault and it was showing CLOSED which I mentioned below regarding the Openreach work. However I just tried to run connection and speed test to discover the “we suspect an issue with your broadband” message AGAIN and speed test crashes . HELP me understand what is going on. Is the fault showing due to my moan re Openreach or something else? Helpless and frustrated here. You can do better. 
NB. Could it be because it is raining and has been for about an hour? 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 39

@Chris-TalkTalk  - UPDATED INFO Engineer fromOpenreach visited Friday 15/12. He found waterlogged cables under the manhole in the pavement which he fixed and a fault on the wiring outside which he updated.  My connection appears steady but will keep a watch for the next 48 hours.  However, I need to complain about the way the work has been completed.   He had to move the route of the wiring outside, but  has subsequently left the connection in a loose position hanging under the upvc soffits to our roof.  The wiring is not flush with the brickwork and is exposed to the weather.  I don’t believe this is acceptable, jointing approx 6inches of old wire to the new wiring.  Why not replace the whole length of wire from pole to house entry point? Photo is attached for reference.  The other black unit of this type is actually, unbelievably sat in the gutter on the other side of my house (I have added a photo from the gutter on the driveway) where it will undoubtedly end up sat in rainwater at the base of my chimney. This is NOT acceptable and could even present a health and safety issue.  I realise this is not the work of TT engineer, but NEED THE REPAIR FAULT TICKET TO REMAIN OPEN until this Openreach issue is resolved.  Please forward this problem to the appropriate person at Openreach in order to rectify the fault and arrange a return visit.   Do I need to make an official complaint to rectify the way the wiring has been left?

IMG_1048.jpegIMG_1047.jpeg

IMG_1050.jpegIMG_1049.jpeg

IMG_1052.jpegIMG_1053.jpegIMG_1055.jpegIMG_1054.jpeg
0 Likes

Message 14 of 39

Thanks for the update, please let us know how the engineer visit goes

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 39

Received a text this pm. Network checks completed, an engineer visit at home is now needed. Test states “ …we have discovered a fault in your area and need to send an engineer to your home”. Openreach to attend tomorrow afternoon (prompt service again). Today’s interaction has been via text and WhatsApp which was fairly  simple to follow. Can I make a point that I chose this as the link to the My connection section of TT account still keeps crashing for me, which is very frustrating as I don’t know if what I am seeing appertains to the current issue or hasn’t cleared from before.  My speeds are slightly higher today (50mbs or thereabouts), I wondered if this was due to the remote engineer nonappointment ? However, I obviously am still not fully functional, hence tomorrows visit.

Thanks for keeping me up to date with each stage TT.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 39
0 Likes

Message 17 of 39

Thanks for the update, Openreach have sent a text. Fingers crossed for a good result. Will update the thread after their investigation.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 39

The latest line test is failing with a reason code that means that we have to raise this as a non-appointed task. This just means that Openreach will investigate over the next 72 hours and may contact you directly if they need to access your home

Chris

Message 19 of 39

Thanks Bev, I'll book the engineer now and get back to you with the details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 39

I confirm that I will accept the potential charges of a visit by Openreach. Thanks.

0 Likes