cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 150 - open reach modem needed?

javidr
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hi

i have a tplink ax52 router and I still use it connected to the white open reach modem. Do I still need this modem? Could I connect the router to the network directly?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12
0 Likes

javidr
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

Hi. No, that was great. Thanks

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 12

Hi javidr,

I can see that ferguson has helped you with your query, please let us know if you need any further assistance 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 12

No worries, sorry I missed the point initially!  🙂

Message 5 of 12

Yep that’s the question. Thanks for confirming 

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 12

OK, I may have misunderstood. You already have G.fast Fibre 150? There is no way of using a router without a modem. 

Message 7 of 12

If you don't already have G.fast then you need a new modem. 

Message 8 of 12

Thats not a new connection, it’s from 2020. So, if that’s the case, the modem is required?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

OK, it may be best to check the product your looking at. FTTC up to 150 and in some cases faster was available in limited areas using a technology known as G.fast. But I wasn't aware that Openreach were still making new installations. If it is the case, then you will be supplied with a new G.fast capable modem which you can also connect to in the usual way. 

0 Likes

javidr
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

I don’t think it’s full fibre. It’s fibre 150. I think it’s fttc. The connection between the wall box and the modem is done via Ethernet cable and then, from the modem to the router using other Ethernet.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

If you mean Full Fibre then that will be delivered to your home directly with a new cable and box on the wall known as an Optical Network Terminal (ONT) replacing the Openreach modem. You should be able to connect your router to the ONT in much the same way as you do to the modem.