cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 150 using FritzBox 7590 - great success eventually

ChrisFord
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 2 of 2

Just to say that, this morning, I had Fibre 150  installed by a very efficient Morrisson;'s technician and connected it to my existing FritzBox 7590 router. It was not a case of 'plug and go' as there were some settings that needed to be made once I changed the router configuration to fibre. I have to say that the information that I came across at  

community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383

did not work. Eventually I got access to the internet  by entering my username (the article stated that it was not required) and set the VLAN-ID to "0" (the article stated '101'). However once I made these changes the internet sprang to life and all is good, including my landline calling through the FritzBox.

The reason that I wanted to use the FritzBox rather than the Amazon eero and voice adapter supplied was that I need more than one LAN connection for my network.

Given that it is all working I have an unused 'eero' and voice adapter. Can these be returned (I hate waste) and if so would a credit be made?

By the way, it's a long, long time since I last posted which indicates that I am a happy customer.

Take care, stay safe and thanks to all who continue to administer this forum which I have always found incredibly useful on the occasions that I have had issues.

Chris Ford    

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi Chris

Was this a Openreach or City Fibre install?

0 Likes