cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 150 using FritzBox 7590 - great success eventually

ChrisFord
Enlightened One
Private Message
Message 6 of 6

Just to say that, this morning, I had Fibre 150  installed by a very efficient Morrisson;'s technician and connected it to my existing FritzBox 7590 router. It was not a case of 'plug and go' as there were some settings that needed to be made once I changed the router configuration to fibre. I have to say that the information that I came across at  

community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Set-up-a-non-TalkTalk-router/ta-p/2205383

did not work. Eventually I got access to the internet  by entering my username (the article stated that it was not required) and set the VLAN-ID to "0" (the article stated '101'). However once I made these changes the internet sprang to life and all is good, including my landline calling through the FritzBox.

The reason that I wanted to use the FritzBox rather than the Amazon eero and voice adapter supplied was that I need more than one LAN connection for my network.

Given that it is all working I have an unused 'eero' and voice adapter. Can these be returned (I hate waste) and if so would a credit be made?

By the way, it's a long, long time since I last posted which indicates that I am a happy customer.

Take care, stay safe and thanks to all who continue to administer this forum which I have always found incredibly useful on the occasions that I have had issues.

Chris Ford    

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update.

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

I have a further update on my use of the Fritz!Box 7590 router. Having got it working as a wifi rrouter which also gives me 4 LAN ports, a NAS and DLNA service, I still needed to tackle the VOIP telephone features. To date Talktalk have not been able / willing to supply me with the relevant parameters (and I have the feeling that they won't). I have got round the problem by connecting the output of the Grandstream DVA to the relevant port on the Fritz!Box with the Grandstream input connected to one of the router's LAN ports and 'hey presto' I now have my DECT hub and answerphone (which emails any messages to my mailbox) - a great success.

As I realise that Talktalk do not support this solution I will retain the Hub 2 to be used if I have any FTTP issues that need to be investigated.   

Chris Ford Retired, volunteering and happy after 40 years in I.T and comms (was ChrisFord previously)
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Chris

Thanks for your reply.

We would not apply a credit for this to be returned but I would suggest keeping hold of the eero just in case you do experience any issues with the connection (for testing)

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

HI Debbie,

My apologies for the delay in my reply but you will see in my recent 1st post as 'Chis_M_Ford' that I have been effectively locked out of the forum.

However, now that I can post again - albeit as my alter ego for the time being - it was an OpenReach contractor who did the install.

Thanks for your interest.

Take care and stay safe,

Chris 

Chris Ford Retired, volunteering and happy after 40 years in I.T and comms (was ChrisFord previously)

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hi Chris

Was this a Openreach or City Fibre install?

0 Likes