cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 65 Below Minimum Guaranteed Speed

Zagtiero
Participant
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi team,

I recently contacted your online chat help and an engineer (QUBE GB) was sent to investigate two issues last week, one with the Master Socket and the other a speed related issue (I am getting about 40mbps which is below the guaranteed minimum speed).

The engineer replaced the master socket and factory reset my router and said to get in contact if the speed issue wasn't resolved. He asked me to ask Talk Talk for an Open Reach engineer (if I'm honest, that is what I thought would be sent to begin with) as the speed issue is likely to be related to the exchange.

Please can someone arrange this for me? The speed is still below (screenshot attached) the guaranteed speed so this is becoming quite frustrating if I'm honest.

Let me know if you require any further information or have any questions.

Kind regards,

Matt

Screenshot 2023-09-04 170523.png
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Matt

That's great news, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Zagtiero
Participant
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi Michelle,

Yes the speeds are back to normal now and have been consistent so that is positive.

Kind regards,

Matt

Message 3 of 7

Morning,

Just checking back in to see if the speeds have remained consistent over the last 48hrs?

Thanks 🙂

Message 4 of 7

Hi Matt

I'm glad to hear that the speed has increased.

The fault may have been resolved by the work completed by the engineer. Powering down the router for 30 minutes resets the session and will increase the throughput speed.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Zagtiero
Participant
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi Debbie,

I've just done this now (had done this a couple times last week as well) and the speeds are back to where they should be - was it a fault on the line that has now been fixed?

Kind regards,

Matt

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi Matt

I'm sorry to hear this.

Your line is in sync at 64.4mb.  Please can you power down your router for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test?

Thanks