cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 65 upload speed

trs55
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

I have been on fibre 65 a while after upgrading from fibre 35 and due to the fact the green BT cabinet is quite a way from my house I get a constant download speed of 35 Mbps with a line rate of  39473 kbps. Whilst reading a article about Talktalk packages it said that fibre 65 has an average download speed up to 67Mbps, due to the distance to the cabinet I'm happy with the 35 Mbps I'm getting but the article states that the average upload speed is 17Mbps but I'm only getting about 5.5 Mbps on a line rate of 6112 kbps which is strange as my line can supply a higher download speed why can't it supply the upload average of 17Mbps as advertised.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear that. Is the Full Fibre (FTTP) available to you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Well as 5mbps is all I can get then I will have to live with it

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 8

@trs55 ,

Did you get the answers you were looking for or do you still need further help?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 8

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 8

@trs55 ,

You could also try searching by your address here BT Broadband (btwholesale.com) to get a rough idea of the predicted download and upload speeds for your line.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Hi trs55

We don't guarantee upload sync speed.

Have you tried connecting the router at the test socket with a different microfilter?

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

@trs55 ,

The FTTC technology used by TalkTalk's Fibre35/65 packages is asymmetric. The upload speeds are always much less than the download speed. You are actually getting similar speeds to what I get myself and the down/up proportion looks about right to me. The advertised "average" speeds are just marketing nonsense. You seem to already understand that the biggest factor which determines the actual speed you achieve is the length of the copper part of the line from your home to the cabinet. The theoretical maximum upload speed achievable on Fibre65 is 20Mbps, and that's if the cabinet is pretty much right outside your house.

0 Likes